Its sad how Americans think they are the center of the world regarding Sandy...

by mP 94 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

LOL

• caliber
    caliber

Even Donald Trump suffered great embarrassment and loss due to Sandy

Photo

hair we go !! ha ha ha

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    How dare you trivilise and forget to mention the Caribbean and instead whinge about petrol. Im sure many Americans are having a hard time, but lets keep some perspective, they have it easy compared to smaller poor islands south.

What an absurd thing to say. So if I'm sitting in a homeless shelter with my life swept out to sea, I should take the time to whinge over others in similar, albeit worse, conditions? Tell me about it when you are in the position.

As a countryman of those in trouble here, I should worry about those in the Caribbean first? Nonesense! You must and always will take care of your own first!

America is ALWAYS the first one to come to the aid of the rest of the damn world. Your turn.

• simon17
    simon17

The storm was much more intense and killed many more in the Caribbean

Isn't it funny that you're first and only statement is absolutely false. 100+ dead in US; about 60 in Carribbean. Doesn't that make you wonder about the rest of your BS opinions?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    100+ dead in US; about 60 in Carribbean.

And climbing.

Im sure many Americans are having a hard time, but lets keep some perspective, they have it easy compared to smaller poor islands south.

Have it easy? Srsly?

BTW, those to the north with destroyed homes have colder temperatures, and another storm is on its way.

• simon17
    simon17

This is the same bullshit we hear all the time about 9/11 like it was the worst most tragic evil event in history. 3000+ people die everyday in Africa, and they dont cry as often. In WW2 millions died, and yet we dont hear about it as often. How many times do we hear about the thousnads that die in Iq and Af every single day in the past because of Americas war ? At best once.

Well I'm sure sitting around and being a bitch about it is helping those dying in Africa. Why don't you pack up, go over there and do something about it if you feel that strongly. Right now, Americans are helping their own get through a pretty terrible disaster.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

haha. Caliber. Love it.

I don't think the comments about Americans being at the centre of the world are necessarily meant in a derogatory way. Those of us who live in privileged countries do tend to be a bit insular about things. A tragedy or disaster on our doorstep is going to consume our attention, and the media will rightfully focus on matters that are of immediate interest. I'm sure most New Yorkers (and the other hard-hit areas) are aware that Haiti and Cuba also suffered from Sandy and understand that comparatively it is far worse for them. But they need to get their own front yard sorted out before they can be of much assistance elsewhere.

• Glander
    Glander

What does 'whinge' mean. I can't find it in the dickshawnery.

mP - I would like to invite you to attend the VFW dinner in your area this year.

• Soledad
    Soledad

SO some americans dont have electricity, big deal some in the carib have a lot less. Their countries have absolute no resources to help them.

which is why we're helping them, even through our own devastation.

again keep in mind the sheer numbers of people. NYC alone has a population of over 8 million. how many live in the Caribbean, and out of that number how many were directly affected by the hurricaine?

• watson
    watson

Glander..LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit