Its sad how Americans think they are the center of the world regarding Sandy...

by mP 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Are people really this concerned about how the American media is reporting their own tragedy vis-à-vi s the earlier damage to the Caribbean? If this is taking up your time, I suggest you find something more pressing to think about on a more local level. You don't have to cry for the victims. If you hate America, then hate it. Don't use a national disaster to find a convoluted way to complain about a country you apparently dislike.

• mP
    mP

Soledad:

which is why we're helping them, even through our own devastation.

mP:

Is that WE as in you personally ?

• watson
    watson

mP is just "Lookin' for Love"

• cofty
    cofty

Because it happened in the USA, are our deaths any less valid?

Of course not, I'm reporting to you about a trend in the UK media. I am not agreeing with it.

• mP
    mP

Simon:

Well I'm sure sitting around and being a bitch about it is helping those dying in Africa. Why don't you pack up, go over there and do something about it if you feel that strongly. Right now, Americans are helping their own get through a pretty terrible disaster.

mP:

When did i make a personal statement about what i am or what i dont do ? I m not looking for the media spotlight to show what good i do or dont do.

• mP
    mP

Las

If you hate America, then hate it. Don't use a national disaster to find a convoluted way to complain about a country you apparently dislike.

mP:
    When did i say "hate" or imply hatred of anyone ? It would appear that you are introducing hatred into this conversation. Im just saying keep things in perspective.

• mP
    mP

mP - I would like to invite you to attend the VFW dinner in your area this year.

Whats VFW ?

• mP
    mP

Soledad:

again keep in mind the sheer numbers of people. NYC alone has a population of over 8 million. how many live in the Caribbean, and out of that number how many were directly affected by the hurricaine?

mP:

I can tell you a lot more ppl in the Carib are hungry than in eastern USA.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is the same bullshit we hear all the time about 9/11 like it was the worst most tragic evil event in history. 3000+ people die everyday in Africa, and they dont cry as often.

I'm sure they suffer and feel the pain in Africa or the Caribbean just as anywhere else in the world. Obviously the BBC and other foriegn networks must give far greater coverage to it that AP & UPI. Most of the ads I see about the suffering in Africa or South America are paid advertizing seeking my contribution to give assistance.

Perhaps the reason even foriegn sources give so much attention to the USA has to do with the old adage "When the US sneezes the rest of the world catches cold". Esp when it is NYC, which is not only the financial powerhouse of the US, but internationally. When Nigeria or Kenya becomes the new World Power, they will probably get all the media coverage instead of the US.

Plus us spoiled Americans are NOT used to waiting in line for fuel or groceries or anything else. When we flick the wall switch, we expect the damn light to come on. We don't turn off our hot water heaters during the day to save a little electricity. We have a flat screen in every room, and every kid from at least 12years up has a laptop, ipad, iphone, or all of the above, and they are all connected to high speed 24/7. We wallow in excess like hogs in fresh mud. So when those things don't work, it is newsworthy here and evidently everywhere else. The world might hate us for it, but they're jealous too.

Sad thing is, most Americans take it all for granted. Bunch of fatass, limp wrist whimps. We no longer have what it would take to win WWII if it happened today. That generation is gone. Thus all the damn whining at the gas pump.

Respect,

Doc

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Soledad:

which is why we're helping them, even through our own devastation.

mP:

Is that WE as in you personally ?

What does that have to do with anything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit