Watchtower's Weirdest Photograph?

by Marvin Shilmer 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower's Weirdest Photograph?

Today I added a new article to my blog addressing what might just be the weirdest photograph ever published by Watchtower. You won’t believe it when you see it.

My article is titled Watchtower's Weirdest Photograph? and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/10/watchtowers-weirdest-photograph.html

Weird or not, there is something to be learned from this photograph. But it’s still weird.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I'm not sure if that is photoshop or just low resolution photography. What is amusing is how depressed the bethel family look.

• extractor
    extractor

Wait a minute... is that dude FAKE?!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

"Wait a minute... is that dude FAKE?!"

Fake as a three-dollar-bill!

Fake as a blowup man-doll!

Fake as…

... W ell he/it’s fake.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• trujw
    trujw

Very not odd. Nothing would suprise me. Could be real could be photoshoped. We here at this site have read, seen lie's from the WBTS and their past. Why would JUDGE Rutherford not fake something. His whole cult was a lie and I think he knew it but why give up the lifestyle. He found the more extreme his rants the more people in the despair of the great depression responded. It really would take a real man to tell the truth at that time and give up two caddilacs and a mansion. I dont know if my mind would be able too. He was at the top. Like any dictator how may have stepped down or admitted they are wrong? None that I know of. Still feel sorry for the R&F. Ohhh the dreams beyond dreams of panda's, icecream and no sickness. Even I thought wouldn’t ignorance be bliss

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Once again, this is one reason I LOVE you site, Marvin! I've seen that photo hundreds of times, but I didn't notice that!

• steve2
    steve2

I had always assumed that people back then not only looked weird but sounded weird too. The photo does not disabuse me of those simplistic assumptions.

On another matter, I'm struck by the thought that each and every person in that room was a deluded follower of Rutherford. Each of them, whether or not they remained "in" the organization and "active" will now be long gone and dead, with many of them simply forgotten names. When did they die? How did they die? Did any one of them die in a subway having sex? Whatever they thought of Rutherford, the Bible, the end times, the future times, sex in the subway, or movies in the afternoon now doesn't matter one little bit.

It's not only a weird photo but an inexpressibly sad one.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

It doesn't look like it was added in later, however. The shadow is right on the fake guy. He is shadowed on the right side like the others.

it COULD be claimed that its just low res though. Rutherford, on the extreme right, looks a bit weird too.

• biometrics
    biometrics

What a joyful bunch!

Maybe the original photo had an error so they sent it to the artwork dep for fixing. Or perhaps the person sitting there was DF'd?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Wow... what a joyless photo is right.

There are also no photos or pictures on the wall, no curtains, no table decorations - unless you count the bowls of fruit on the tables that no one is eating...

Hard to tell if the picture is low-res or was altered... so many of the people look plastic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit