Watchtower's Weirdest Photograph?

by Marvin Shilmer 66 Replies latest jw friends

• snakeface
    snakeface

Maybe an actual person was in the original photographs but he later DA'd or was disfellowshipped, so they put a fake figure in there to fill the spot.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

notjustyet,

That is hilarious!

We might have discovered the original Anonymous!!!

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• St George of England
    St George of England

The above photograph on the Mt of Olives was taken on 24 April 1910 the day of the memorial of that year. Chas and his travelling companions on the 1910 tour celebrated the memorial in Jerusalem that year.

The original photograph is readily available and the 'photoshopped' guy that has been added is clearly modern, look at his collar and tie. The original guy, very tall, had the traditional 'stand up' collar and tie. Probably done as a 'joke'.

Someone used to sell copies of this photo (un-modified) on ebay, suggesting the young lad was Malcolm Rutherford. He is too young for Malcolm of course who was nearly 18 in 1910. This lad was called Ward and was 12 at the time.

George

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Yes that wa photoshopped, albeit poorly by me.

It was in jest as I took the cardboard cutout from the original pic in this thread and placed it into this older photo.

NJY

• maisha
    maisha

Looks like Billy the Kid to me, didnt he go into hiding about that time?

• jws
    jws

I know why they had to do a touchup. He was smiling.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    diana netherton - "Okay..I'm waiting for someone to photoshop Sparlock into this picture!"

That's the best damn photobomb idea I've heard here yet.

BTW, is your avatar a pic of the real you? If so, not too shabby.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I know that this is a long shot and I do not know if the dates coincide but could that person that was covered up be Olin Moyle?

I thought maybe so but then remembered that his wife was there at Bethel also and that would mean both would be edited out, right?

Ideas, thoughts, ?

NJY

• tiki
    tiki

maybe the original got damaged and they had to plug in an "artist's rendition"

• perfect1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit