Watchtower's Weirdest Photograph?

by Marvin Shilmer 66 Replies latest jw friends

• oldregretfuljwx2
    oldregretfuljwx2

It's a good picture TO photoshop. Say a black and white sparlock.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Looks like an instance of retouching, which was pretty common in the old days. I would guess that there were assigned places at the table and when the photo was taken, a few people were absent, so they were 'drawn in' afterward by a retouching artist.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I thought my mother always said "Jehovah's people are a happy people", what the Hell is wrong with them?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m not sure I see anything significant with that photo apart from the observation they didn`t want even one chair vacant in that photo,now if their had been multiple touch ups , then that would be a different story.

What is significant in my mind , is the differences in memorial attendees , 1927 / 1928 , thats a huge drop in numbers .

smiddy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Marvin, do you know the exact numbers? You said 80%, but what was the total before and after 1927/1928 years.

• castthefirststone
    castthefirststone

It also looks like two photos were joined. Either that or the third table from the front had Scarface and the Phantom of the Opera that joined them for dinner.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

The photo looks like one of the early "Heinz Katsup" salesman photos from 1899-1910, the author of the book had a photo and asked the question "how does it make you feel to know all those eager salesmen are dead now?" The Bethel photo, is anyone still alive from that feast?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

If they were smart with their "photoshopping" they would have added some smiles in the photograph :D... sadly... they weren't

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I reckon that whoever occupied that seat in the original photo was an opponent of Rutherford who Da Judge got rid of, so he no longer existed in WT history, it would be wonderful to find out the whole story.

Funny you should mention the miserable looks, I remember here in the U.K Newspapers used to publish Special Editions that they would sell outside of Convention venues, inside would be a specially produced few pages about the Convention and with many photo's , in all of them the JW's looked so damn miserable !

The happiest people on earth ? It has never looked that way.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

They're miserable because they were supposed to eat at noon and this stupid photo has delayed them by nearly 25 minutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit