by Black Man 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Now here's a great read!

Shameless plug

Also good reads,

Of a Buick 8 by Stephen King

Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind

Oh and I still haven't gotten past page 23 of Little Women.

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

excellent reads, all. but get a little more current. how about The Da Vnci Code by Dan Brown.

• DIM
    DIM

WE by Zamyatin....better than 1984 by Orwell and written 20 years or so before it

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

• Wacky Chicks- Simon Doonan, OH MY GOD!! This book rocks! (All women should be this eccentric!
    • Wicked - Gregory Maguire, based on the Wizard of Oz books. (Raises interesting questions about what is good and what is evil)
    • Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris--Oh lordy I wish I could write like this man!
    • Idiot Girls Action Adventure Club - Laurie Notro (This woman basically tells the life story of me and Eyegirl)
    • The Professor and the Madman (forgot the author--sorry) It's a rundown of the history of the O.E.D. Really interesting stuff--if you're a word freak, like I am.
    • Portrait of a Killer - Patricia Cornwell, Yes ANOTHER Jack the Ripper book, NO I haven't read any others, I was really only drawn to this because I found her arguements really interesting, and she was nothing if not exhaustive in her research--she convinced me who the real killer was. Haha!
  • SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

If any of you are sci-fi buffs, keep an eye on this board for a shameless announcement about the release of a new sci-fi novel by...... me!

Should be (hopefully) available in the next couple of months.

Stay tuned..... JIM

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Jim, you had better keep your promise to keep us here on JWD, enlightened on your book launch.

OH...folks: Thunder Rider's Book, is worth it!

I enjoyed it from Page 1 to the end Page 272.

It's great, excellent sense of humour, and well.....just click on his Thunder's thread above, and give it a go!

But JIM, if you don't let us folks know.....we'll send an underwear curse your way, and you wouldn't want that.

I sent away for Donald D'Haene's book "A Father's Touch" recently, but have not received it as of yet, but look forward to reading a former JW's story about his experience.

I'll keep you posted.

JIM: Don't forget us, OK?

• angelkins
    angelkins

"The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us From Violence" by Gavin De Becker is excellent. Compelling reading.

I, too, am reading "The Da Vinci Code." Good Read.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Rayzorblade said:

Jim, you had better keep your promise to keep us here on JWD, enlightened on your book launch.

Count on it! The last I heard from the publisher, they were putting the final touches on the back cover. It should be available (I hope!) within the next 2 months.

My publisher assures me it will be available on amazon.com. Of course, JWD participants can order autographed copies directly from me.....

But JIM, if you don't let us folks know.....we'll send an underwear curse your way, and you wouldn't want that.
    Not unless it's Smurf underwear!
  • Dimples
    Dimples

Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness: Escape from the Watchtower

By: Diane Wilson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit