How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You are not a prognosticator, nor a seer, certainly not a prophet.

According to the tenents of Christianity as spelled out by the Bible all Christian's are seers because they have access to the Spirit of Truth.

seĀ·er, seer
    Noun:
    1. A person of supposed supernatural insight who sees visions of the future.

The Spirit of Christ is supernatural because Christ existed with God in the Beginning (only God is supernatural). He was, is and will be and always provides his understanding through the Spirit of Truth, or the "life's water free."

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So the question of why He created are found in his attributes, names e.g. The All Knowing. The Cause to Become. The Ultimate Reality, The Destoyer, Bringer of Death. The Living. The Maker of Colors, the search continues...

Hello insearchoftruth4, the question of Why is the most important question anyone can ever ask. The answer is: because there is a purpose. That's what you are actually searching for: purpose. What you will find, if you endure, is that you have a specific purpose here on Earth and it's all yours to discover and carry out.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

According to the tenents of Christianity as spelled out by the Bible all Christian's are seers because they have access to the Spirit of Truth.

Then you must not be Christian as you are not a seer.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Hello Sab, Endurance: Any insights along the way, I will welcome them anytime.....Peace

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Then you must not be Christian as you are not a seer.

Charles Russell and Judge Rutherford thought themselves to be seers. Why do you suppose they held this opinion of themselves so vehemently? Were they shameless charlatans? Deluded religious zealots? What logic did they base their opinions of themselves upon? I think the answer is actually a secret, even to this day waiting to be uncovered. I think they used a simple method connected to probability itself similar to casting lots. The ancient Jews used probability to communicate with God through Urim Thummim. Why would these men who claim to be of an elect Spiritual Israel (seers) not use the same methods recorded in ancient history to communicate with their God? They probably did and still do to this day, clothed in secrecy. They are decieved, however, and it's a tragedy. One that will be told for a very long time to come.

Hello Sab, Endurance: Any insights along the way, I will welcome them anytime.....Peace

Never underestimate the power of secular knowledge. Psychology, sociology, history, archeology, anthropology, physics, mathmatics and many more fields of study that have given so much to this world. Science simply cannot be ignored and really never has been by any serious religious pursuits. God puts up Egypt for a reason, just like everything else.

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here is the definition I am using for Creationism:

The universe was created by an intelligent being.

How is this disproved (i.e FALSE)?

INTELLIGENT? You call the guy who made this intelligent? HA!

The "creator" utterly destroyed species after species in five great extinctions, not to mention many lesser extinctions that mark the end of nearly every period in the geologic record. Many animals lay tens of thousands of eggs so that maybe a couple of them will survive and reach an age where they can lay tens of thousands of eggs. Our planet is not well protected from the harsh environment. We were born to die, regardless of what religion teaches.

We've got flightless birds and did you ever see that tail that peacocks have to drag around with them? They found out that some dinosaurs had feathers? What was that all about? No wonder the creator abandoned that model.

Man, the greatest of all "creation" lives shorter than some other creations, swims and runs slower than many, has worse vision than many, cannot fly like others. If we are pinacle of creation, we should be stronger and see better and move faster.

I could go on and on, but I think I made the point.

Or this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEl9kVl6KPc

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The "creator" utterly destroyed species after species in five great extinctions, not to mention many lesser extinctions that mark the end of nearly every period in the geologic record. Many animals lay tens of thousands of eggs so that maybe a couple of them will survive and reach an age where they can lay tens of thousands of eggs. Our planet is not well protected from the harsh environment. We were born to die, regardless of what religion teaches.

Have you checked out what pesticides do to our environment? Before you criticize God, take a look at your own kind's corrupt ethics. If you side with humanity you have to assume responsibility for all that they ruin (even the stuff you DON'T know about). Even if you right ALL the wrongs now you are bloodguilty because you allowed greed to kill your own and poison your lands. Where were your ethics then? What of the sacrifice YOU made? Were they worth it? We were born to push towards the Will of God and become children of eternity, not to die in our own misery or freeze to death in a dead universe. You just don't have the data, so you wrongly focus on evolutionary biology and use it as a missile directed at God or cosmological scare tactics. It's like God is running for president and you are creating a smear ad. It's totally uncalled for and shows a basic lack of morality in assuming that God doesn't understand pain or the big picture. How do you know God doesn't experience the pain of every fly that is devoured in a spider web? What do you know of God, the Creator of All Things? Why do you think he told Moses to take off his sandals at the burning bush? No man knows the power of God, not even you.

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You just prove my point. You say an INTELLIGENT being made us? He let us figure out how to destroy each other? We are corrupt, yet our creation was intelligent? HA!

We don't do it with just pesticides. We destroy each other in so many ways, it's almost endless.

And we cannot detect radiation, we get sunburn, we cannot drink saltwater which is abundant.

What do you know of God, the Creator of All Things? Why do you think he told Moses to take off his sandals at the burning bush? No man knows the power of God, not even you.

See, now you are bringing religion and/or the writings of the Bible into this. Definitely not intelligent. The Bible has been proven wrong and, if it were true, reveals such a flawed creator. And don't get me going on religion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The universe was created by an unintelligent being.

How is this disproved?

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

On the way out, you seem to be an intelligent person, you say the universe was created by an unitelligent being. Humm. Can you make the sun rise from the west and set in the east? Can you stop time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit