Why are atheists so intent on scorning "believers"?

by Chariklo 553 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

soledad - are you an atheist trying to make theism sound outrageously ignorant?..cofty

ROFL...I thought it was a joke at first and was indeed ROFLing...but no...it seems to be for real...LOL

• Soledad
    Soledad

Believers insist that god speaks to them, answers their prayers and performs daily miracles. They tell us that god cares about what who people have sex with and how they do it. They imagine that their holy book is a more reliable source of information about geology and biology than centuries of scientific research.

You have as poor as an understanding of believers as I allegedly have of "rationalism."
  • cofty
    cofty

No not really I was immersed in christianty for 9 years after leaving the borg, I am very well acquainted with all shades of belief

• Soledad
    Soledad

soledad - are you an atheist trying to make theism sound outrageously ignorant?..cofty

ROFL...I thought it was a joke at first and was indeed ROFLing...but no...it seems to be for real...LOL

Yeah that is pretty funny. I think he's being serious (or she). Love how the atheists/non-believers or whatnot like to sound so important-ish. "we have science, history, logic...etc..." all designed by regular people just like me. People who need to eat sleep and poop just like me. And they know deep inside that one way isn't better than another, but they have to try, and in the process resort to name-calling when someone doesn't agree. Just consider me an atheism apostate (because at one time I was atheist).

• Soledad
    Soledad

No not really I was immersed in christianty for 9 years after leaving the borg, I am very well acquainted with all shades of belief

Christian belief only? That might be the reason you see things the way you do. It's ok though.

• cofty
    cofty

You are definitely having a laugh soledad, well done I fell for it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Just consider me an atheism apostate (because at one time I was atheist).

I see...did you get help with that? Glad you got rid of that terrible idea...LOL

I don't think I have called you a name....let me check....no. But you did make me laugh. Thanks

• Soledad
    Soledad

I see...did you get help with that? Glad you got rid of that terrible idea...LOL

Yes, Ganesh helped me. Or was it Hanuman? I'm getting older my memory isn't so reliable anymore

I don't think I have called you a name....let me check....no. But you did make me laugh. Thanks

Nah you didn't call me names

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    What built the universe? The answer to that is based on opinion at this time. Isn't that the point of the discussion here, somewhat?

there's a pretty big gap between opinion and scientific theory. one is based on irrelevant bs, the other is based on math and physical evidence. there are theories and models in quantum mechanics that don't require "god" at all. yea i know, something from nothing blah blah blah. unfortunately thats a poor excuse for a rebuttal and completely sidesteps the evidence presented.

Small yes, but no less real, truthful and relevant to the topic on hand.

actually it's very much irrelevant because of that for so many reasons. that's why i was hinting at statistics.

including yours.

believe you me, i know. that's why i stick to using math and physical evidence to prove my point and not my "observations" with a sample size of nil.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Soledad, I very much like the richness and depth of the Hindu system of belief. Over the years I've learned a fair bit about it and have very good friends in India, whose beliefs I hold in high regard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit