How are "hateful" atheists helping struggling witnesses on JWN or society in general?

by Healthworker 320 Replies latest members adult

• cofty
    cofty

ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE CONCEPT OF A CONVERSATION, IT INVOLVES ANSWERING QUESTIONS AND NOT TRYING TO CONTROL THE OTHER PERSON AND INSULTING THEM. IRONIC THAT YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT SARCASM.

SORRY STILL ON CAPS

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Read the principels of this section, Cofty!

Adult & Heated Debate
    Topics of a more adult nature and the place for more heated debate (not arguments)

Sorry if I hurt your feelings! But I think you should be man enough to take it!

Living a life of denial is not easy! But it is time to get of the denial mode, Cofty! Tell me if there is a link between atheism and "hate" and why some of you posters critizise instead of producing your own material!

You can use the rest of your life on "STIL ON CAPS", brothers! I am with you all the way down man!

Love Healthworker

• besty
    besty
    Does that mean that you have never experienced examples like that yourselves?

correct

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Besty!

Still on denial mode? Come on man, what are you afraid of! Looking yourself in the mirror? Does it hurt THAT much?

Love Healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

I am going to add more questions to the original 4 questions!

But I am waiting for more, HONEST, answers!

I understand this is PAINFUL for you brothers!

Come on! Pour it all out now!

Love Healthworker

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

1) Do the "hate" and sarcasm come with atheism and your fear of the future?
    No. As an atheist I do not fear the future. And I do not feel "hateful" either.

2) If you believe that we are social animals; how is it that you do not understand the importance of human emotions in our survival and happiness?

No, I do understand that.

3) Many on this forum are already struggling after the abuse done by the Watchtower corporation! Have you ever considered that your disrespect, hate and sarcasm may cause even more harm?

Yes. That is why I do my best to be respectful

4) If your agenda is to enlighten and help us, why don't you actually produce upbuilding and enlightening material for everybody to read?
    There are plenty of people already doing this.

*************************************************************************************************************
    So, what is that "theory"?

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

1) Do the "hate" and sarcasm come with atheism and your fear of the future?
    No. As an atheist I do not fear the future. And I do not feel "hateful" either.

2) If you believe that we are social animals; how is it that you do not understand the importance of human emotions in our survival and happiness?

No, I do understand that.

3) Many on this forum are already struggling after the abuse done by the Watchtower corporation! Have you ever considered that your disrespect, hate and sarcasm may cause even more harm?

Yes. That is why I do my best to be respectful

4) If your agenda is to enlighten and help us, why don't you actually produce upbuilding and enlightening material for everybody to read?
    There are plenty of people already doing this.

*************************************************************************************************************
    So, what is that "theory"?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Kassad, your post is blank to me, nothing to read, and I'm not sure if Cofty is referring to that post or to something else.

Cofty, please check your PM's in a minute, I'm about to write you one....

Besty, I don't understand why you wrote the OP doesn't make sense. It made perfect sense to me.

I suspect the thing is that, as happens so often, every one of us reads every single thing on any forum through the filter of our own subjectivity, which includes our own experiences , distant and recent, and our own outlook.

Is it the term "hateful atheists" that you just don't like? Phizzy and I both drew attention to it. I for one chose to see it as a satirical comment, because quite clearly (to me) no harm was meant by it.

The term could mean 1. that all atheists are generically to be hated, as a group 2. that all atheists are really nasty people individually and people absoluutely hate them, each and every one, 3. that all atheists are full of hate, busy hating everyone, or 4. that atheists are a group that people hate but that they are not necessarily worthy of that hatred, or 5. that people call them that in a kind of tongue in cheek way, and I partly took it as that, or 6. that atheists on this board do sometimes get pet hatreds in respect of people whom they dub, pejoratively, as "believers" and they use that term sometimes as a dirty word.

Loaded language just doesn't help civilised discussion. Even within this thread there is mention of believers as though they are despicable. Atheists, who are neither despicable or hateful, can also behave unhelpfully when they polarise people into groups. I've certainly observed it in action here and elsewhere, and like Healthworker I've given it a lot of thought.

At times I've felt thoroughly awkward, and felt put into a difficult position. Most of you won't know what I'm talking about, but some of those who may read this do know, and some of the very perceptive people who abound on this board may guess. Yes, I number some atheists on this board as my good friends. I also count some of those who that first group really don't like at all as friends, too. Some atheists have made a big deal about "believers"....a stupid, empty term in my book because the atheists themselves are believers! In atheism!

So I can find myself with one group of people who are friends who dislike another group of people who are friends!

This is silly! I am friends with individual people, not with groups! Putting people into groups is very stupid. There are as many individual points of view as there are individuals.Atheism and

That's it. Rant over! Let's just not apply these labels.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

healthworker I will try and answer your questions if I can

1. the "hate" and sarcasm is borne of frustration imo and it is also misdirected towards any and everything that sounds remotely like "magical thinking". hate and sarcasm isn't restricted just to atheists but is a general form of a violence that we all possess and needs addressing. Some make it healthy via religion, ritual, drama, exercise etc

2. i myself don't understand why emotion comes in for such bad press and join you in seeking answers unless it is an ancient meme that humans have debated for centuries? emotion v reason.

3. yes.

4. I guess receivers of "hate" and sarcasm need to understand (and I think most do) that such behaviour can be a healthy release for those who are using provocative angry speech, provided that they (recipients) can stop themselves feeling put off by it. what I mean to say is that recipients of" hate" and sarcasm need to take some responsibility for their own reactions just as those who dish it must also do so.

• designs
    designs

1. No

2. Yes

3. Yes. Pointing out the origins of mythology and superstition benefit the reader.

4. Solid resource material is regularly listed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit