How are "hateful" atheists helping struggling witnesses on JWN or society in general?

by Healthworker 320 Replies latest members adult

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Witness My Fury

"Chariklo, that was a bloody awesome post. "

Yup, props to Chariklo for that one!

Love Healthworker

• cofty
    cofty

Healthworker - Please have the balls to name names and give examples so we know what you are complaining about.

I have seen atheists and believers make unhelpful posts and ad homenem attacks.

As a general point, helping somebody overcome freedom from superstitious fear is one of the most useful thing you can do for a recovering cult member. I have PMs from people thanking me for this reason.

We should all respect others too much to simply go along with their delusional ideas.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

cofty

"Please have the balls to name names and give examples so we know what you are complaining about"

Pls. show me the respect to not make this thread anything else than what is was meant to be?

"We should all respect others too much to simply go along with their delusional ideas"

Agree! BUT having a theory about something does not make it a fact!

Love Healthworker

• cofty
    cofty

show me the respect to not make this thread anything else than what is was meant to be?

Its clearly meant to be generally provacative otherwise you would do as I asked and be specific.

having a theory about something does not make it a fact!

What "theory" are your referring to? Your not making the rookie mistake of mistaking the word "theory" in a scientific context for hypothesis are you?

• irondork
    irondork

It doesn't take a genius to see the harshness with which some people on this board treat others. They seem to have forgotten where they came from and all the issues they had to work through to reach the solid ground they now stand on. Rather than use that stability to help others in a kind and compassionate way, they use it as a platform to belittle, tear down, and insult, thinking they are propping themselves up and gaining the respect of other like-minded people who are really nothing more than bullies. They got a raw deal coming out of a horrible religion, they are angry, and they are ready to let it loose on the first poor sap that makes the slightest mistep in dealing with his/her own raw deal.

Simple human decency and compassion does not play well in the "survival of the fittest" world view!

That said, I have learned much from the atheists on this board. They are a wealth of knowledge and good sense. How much better people would respond to that knowledge if they were to grind the harsh edges off their delivery system? How many more people would stick around to benefit from them rather than run back to the WTO conceding they were correct about those angry, hateful apostates?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Healthworker ; how do you know and who are these "hateful atheists?" surely that's an extreme generalization?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, in this thread hate has been linked to atheism, as if its an automatic result of atheism. Are atheists really hateful compared to believers?

S

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

cofty

"otherwise you would do as I asked and be specific"

Again Cofty; do not try to make me do as you tell me to! I am free as anyone else here.

Also, pls answer my 4 opening questions, instead of implying me to be a "rookie"

Love Healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Satanus

"Are atheists really hateful compared to believers?"

I don't know! I am trying to find out if there is any link between atheism and "hate", sarcasm, name calling etc!

Love Healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

jookbeard

"Healthworker ; how do you know and who are these "hateful atheists?" surely that's an extreme generalization?"

Pls read what I write: "Some"

I have noticed that some of the members at JWN use a loaded language, name calling, ad hominem attacks and sarcasm against other members here!

Also, I challenge you to answer my questions!

Love Healthworker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit