Why aren't you an Atheist?

by Bloody Hotdogs! 697 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I am not making a statement against those who defend the weak and defenseless.

That does, however, get exploited by some with other agendas... so that people will fight the wars that these people with agendas had a hand in starting.

Peace,

tammy

• Satanus
    Satanus

tec

If it was not for 'the sword', christianity would not exist today as a world religion. Most of the world would likely still be pagan. Basically, the only pagan religion today is hinduism.

S

• tec
    tec

Says you, Tec. They say they are. JW's say YOU aren't a real Christian. Where does it end?

With Christ. He is the one who knows and decides who belongs to Him... and who simply claims to belong to Him.

I don't personally care who states that I am or am not a 'real' Christain. Plenty of mainstream christians would state the same of me. But neither theirs nor my judgment matters.

Also, I did not actually state whether someone was a real christain or not... only that people who do such things are not following Christ. (not his example/not his teachings)

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

If it was not for 'the sword', christianity would not exist today as a world religion

Yeah, well, the history of the religion of christianity isn't always all that 'christ-like'.

Buddhism does not spread with a sword (okay, I'm guessing, since it is of peace), and yet it still exists AND it has spread. We will never know what might have happened without the 'sword' because that is not the reality people chose to make.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

He is the one who knows and decides who belongs to Him... and who simply claims to belong to Him.

Well there's the problem, he's not really saying.

• tec
    tec

Well there's the problem, he's not really saying

He might be to those who belong to Him.

But as to the rest; he does not 'separating' until He returns and gathers all those who belong to Him, and turns away all those who 'think' they belong to Him, but who actually do not.

Peace,

tammy

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, at least you can see that.

S

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I think JW's are just as Christian as any other people who claim to be Christian. But each person wants their own special definition of what a Christian is, yet if someone identifies themselves as a Christian, then that is what they are! Really, is it self-identification. But some of them just LOVE to point to others claiming to be Christian and stating they aren't Christian.

HEY COFTY---YOU AREN'T AN ATHEIST! NOT A REAL ATHEIST!

Yeah---just feels funny saying that.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

the problem is ALL of you think that about each other

• tec
    tec

the problem is ALL of you think that about each other

Problem for who?

Many christians don't care about the differences either... they simply share a spirit of love, mercy, forgiveness, faith, giving, etc. They have the spirit of 'he who is not against you, is for you' and simply leave the judging to Christ and God.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit