Why aren't you an Atheist?

by Bloody Hotdogs! 697 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Christ approves of all Moses did, he was the model Jew. He didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it because HE wrote it AS Moses.

Jesus approved of all things Moses did? Like when Moses murdered the Egyptian? Jesus approves of murder? What about when Moses claimed credit for bringing the water, credit that wasn't his?

And are you trying to say Jesus WAS Moses?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Moses was the lead piece of the Word of God in his time. He was God's SPOKESPERSON which means that he was Christ before Christ came as the Jewish Messiah. They are all links in a chain.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am very cordial with people I debate with, but if I see that they are disrepecting me I will respond in kind. Jesus said use words, not an open palm to defend yourself, which will get yourself killed at times.

It's always amusing to see people that profess to be super nice and worship a god of love start talking about how people can get killed if you disrespect them. It's only enormous hypcrisy when you get all internet tough guy and start the violent talk at the same time you are professing how loving you and your god are.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Think about this and rejoice in the justice.

If there is no God/Jesus promise of a resurrection than Christians and JW are ''of all people the most to be pitied" Apostle Pauls words.

Moreover,there is a HUGE number of baby boomer JW my age (55) who are gonna get desperate ending a life with no retirement funds no old age nest egg and finally in diapers before the morgue to rot in the ground forever.

If there is a God Jesus the JW are damned as a stumbling false religion.

The JW are in deep deep bleep....

Personally I do pray a lot and the best thing for me was reading Ray Franz In search of Christian Freedom.

I will never go to church again.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Moses was the lead piece of the Word of God in his time. He was God's SPOKESPERSON which means that he was Christ before Christ came as the Jewish Messiah. They are all links in a chain.

Oh, so just more "I am making this up as I go" from you today?

• sabastious
    sabastious

EP take the law against weed for instance. "Thou shalt not smoke weed." However in my state there is an exception to the law which was instituted by the people who believe it has medicinal value. They created a proposition and they got it passed. Now when I smoke weed I am breaking that law, but there is an exception for me as a medical patient that absorbs the law. Now the law doesn't read "Thou shalt not smoke weed with exceptions" just like the Torah commandment doesn't read "Thou shalt not kill with exceptions." But that doesn't mean there are no exceptions. Moses killing the Egyptian was an exception and the right thing to do. He also didn't say God told him to do it.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

I absolutely get it. An image is not necessarily an accurate representation of what it's an image of. Funhouse mirrors are a great example. There is no reason to think Jesus is an accurate image.

But we are not talking about funhouse mirrors which are meant to distort an image. We are talking about Christ being the Image of God. There is no reason to think that the violence in the OT is an accurate image, and yet you choose to do that. Why?

I would go for Rory the Roman :)

Gonna have to look that one up, lol.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

"Thou shalt not smoke weed."

There is no law that says this. You are making things up again.

Moses killing the Egyptian was an exception and the right thing to do.

Moses = Jesus in your world. You worship a murderer and you like that. Sick. Just sick.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    There is no law that says this. You are making things up again.

In essence yes there is. I am just keeping it simple. Nice dodge.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

There is no reason to think that the violence in the OT is an accurate image, and yet you choose to do that. Why?

There is every reason to think that. Jesus himself supported the OT, the flood, the Law. Why do you choose to ignore that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit