Indeed

Hardly!

May we never let that happen!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Circuit/Local Needs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Jookie, whats wrong with the Shulamite maiden, I always thought she was HOT !!! Breasts like pomegranates and all that ???

I worried a bit about the "lovable mountain goat" bit , but hey, whatever turns you on.

The JW speak was always sickening to me, because they copied each other, even in public prayer ! obviously not from their heart.

I don't think I EVER used one of those mentioned in all the posts above !

A sister from another Congo. came up to me after I had been on the platform at a Circuit Assembly and said "You always tell it like it is ", I guess because I did not use any JW speak.

Boy, why did it take me so bloody long to realise I should not have been there ?

All of their esoteric language made me throw up when I was in, to hear it now, even on JWN, makes me wish to puke.

If they had the Truth, they would not have to use all these buzz-words as propaganda to themselves, to try and boost their self-esteem.

• QC
    QC

Mind Control Devices

Jeehovah's Organization:

Illegitimate coopting of Jehovah; JO is placed above Jesus' Christian congregation, and is one of the cruelest hoaxes in the history of the world

I trouble (lack humility):

Platform salvo to JWs with a pattern of questioning the scriptural merit of a doctrine or policy

Wait on Jehovah:

Nice way of saying JC authority will deal with those who don't get in line with doctrine and policy

• WatchTowerofBabel
    WatchTowerofBabel

I never liked the overuse of "cultivate"... spirituality in a Petri dish.

I did rather enjoy the bickering over pronunciation caused by the constant repetition of "contemplative" and "hyperbole" though.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

besmirched

wordly views

fleshly desires

admonish

we exhort you...

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

"like bees that were molested"...

in good standing (ugh)

"Jehovah, we HUMBLY approach you"

and

"Jehovah we HUMBLY offer this prayer"

(the second you call yourself humble, you're not)

active/ inactive

pioneer

The incessant acronymns and abbreviations, you know what i'm talking about.

Bethelite

Headship

Judicial Reproof (super ugh)

Time (as in counting/reporting/wasting)

"MY" bible study or "YOUR" bible study

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

oh...forgot....

Gettogethers

get-together-s

• eazy
    eazy

'Help us to appreciate'

I'm not sure if it was just the hall I went to, but the dolts on stage would rattle this phrase off no less than 20 times per meeting.It drove me bonkers. Wish I could have turned it into a drinking game!

Also when they referred to the crackers and wine as 'emblems' at he memorials. For whatever reason as a kid I always thought of automobile hood ornaments whenever they would say 'emblems'

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Good point about improper use of the word, humbly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit