Latest "Shun Your Family" Statement - Jan 2013 Study WT

by LostGeneration 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Yesterday I thought about making an advert in the local newspaper with parts of this quote from the Article, perhaps adding a short comment that exposes the coldheartedness in these policies. It might keep people away from the Witnesses and might make them more careful to not listen to the Witnesses when they come knocking the next time." Sauerkraut, page 3...

Along with what Sauerkraut said...

I wonder if it would be effective to copy said item and mail it to the local churches, so THEY can warn their parishioners of the despicable behavior of the Jehovah's Witnesses...

Errrr, that is - all the local churches except for the Mormons, who practice an unofficial form of "shunning", themselves.

Zid

• Eustace
    Eustace

"Yesterday I thought about making an advert in the local newspaper with parts of this quote from the Article, perhaps adding a short comment that exposes the coldheartedness in these policies. It might keep people away from the Witnesses and might make them more careful to not listen to the Witnesses when they come knocking the next time."

That's a great idea. Hope you get it in the paper!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

No, Black Sheep, Rory, and everyone else, it is a LIE. That little piece of fiction drummed up by the WT's public relations boys and slapped onto JW. Org that states that "normal family affection and dealings continue" is a bold-face, out and out LIE. How can you put that side by side with this latest WT article stating unequivocally that even e-mail "assocation" must be avoided? Do you really think that the supposed weepy sister quoted in that article really has continued "normal family affection and dealings" with her DF'd daughter? Is that the impression being given?

And what are "worldlings" supposed to make of that JW.Org pr piece that Rory linked to? "Oh, no, witnesses don't shun family members--see, it says right here that if a man is disfellowshipped, blood ties remain! Normal family affectin and dealings continue, see? Right there."

Of course, what a dyed-in-the-wool JW reads in that pr piece is that the "children" are school-age, living at home, right? But does it state in that article that the children are only 5 or 6 and so they wouldn't be taught to shun the father? No, of course not. A non-JW reading that article assumes that it applies whether the man is 32 and the kids are 10 and 11 or the man is 52 and the kids are 28 and 30 and living on their own.

This makes me physically ill. The religion claims to be "The Truth." And yet engages (once again) in such clear and unambiguous lying, all in order to make themselves "look" more acceptable to those who aren't part of the cult.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am trying not to overreact but I get a whiff of Jonestown in this shunning.

Jim Jones, slightly less stable then Russell, Rutherford and Knorr, and his minions told his followers that the ultimate sacrifice was going to take place and those individuals and parents drank the kool-aid (some guns held to their heads and some tried to flee you can hear the gunshots on the tape) but close to a 1,000 people died within a few hours. How did they get to that point? Because their critical and emotional judgment had been slowly leached from them over the years. They even practiced drinking un poisoned kool-aid to 'prepare' for a day when the ultimate sacrifice would be called for. In the JW world there is no question that thinking for yourself is not encouraged. So parents readily sacrifice their child and one another to a false doctrine like blood and they willingly partake of shunning which is basically treating a loved one as if they have died. Now maybe a witness won't drink the kool-aid if that was what was being passed around at the KH but they are right up against that cliff if they can be compelled to willingly shun a family member. The separation between JW's and Jonestown is a lot closer then they realize.
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    No, Black Sheep, Rory, and everyone else, it is a LIE. That little piece of fiction drummed up by the WT's public relations boys and slapped onto JW. Org that states that "normal family affection and dealings continue" is a bold-face, out and out LIE.

If you are talking to JWs, you have to be carefull what you accuse the WT of, Cadellin, because if you get anything wrong, your JW will use it to attack your character.

What the statement on the website does is tell the truth about very limited aspects of the shunning policy, while not addressing anything that it receives it's hottest criticism for for. This is extremely dishonest, and it is this dishonesty that should be targeted when you are talking to, and about, JWs.

Individual JWs pull this same trick all the time. It is habitual. When you corner one, they will usually answer with some kind of diversion that tells you the truth about something that isn't actually relevent. E.g. "We don't shun Uncle Fred and he left years ago!" was tried on me, which missed out the facts that the very wealthy Uncle Fred faded during a move to a different town and has successfully avoided DA & DF status. Using careful and patient questioning, you can eventually get your JW to realise that they tried to pull a dishonest trick on you, that you know it, that you should be able to expect better from someone who bashes other churches as dishonest, and that you are quite within your rights to expect an apology for their attempted deceit. The last time I did this subject with a JW it must have taken at least twenty minutes of questioning before they finally realised that they had closed all their loopholes and really were lumbered with with a shunning policy that they had been wanting to deny in public.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

What a lovely way to start 2013. The ever evolving control of the R&F continues to reach new lows. There must be a LOT not following orders from the GB for them to keep flogging the shunning stance so regularly. I feel pity for those of us out who are actively being shunned and pity for those who are being brain-washed into doing the unnatural. It is extremely disturbing. Hopefully this will wake some more up. -Leslie-

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

These people are being restrained like a powerful spring.

Once the spring releases it's kinetic energy it will fly away. Some of these people will do that over time. I did.

Jeff

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hate this f*cking cult!!!!

• Ding
    Ding

Same old message.

It's all about the organization:

"Put Jehovah above everything else" = "Put the organization above everything else"

"Repentance" = "coming back to Jehovah's organization"

The best thing you can do for your DFd or DAd family members is to look down your noses at them and shun them.

That's the best way to win them back.

But don't just shun your family members.

Use the time you save by putting in even more hours of meeting attendance and field service.

What better way to spend the remaining time before Armageddon!

• sherry123
    sherry123

Obviously they haven't heard that "God is love" so unchristian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit