Latest "Shun Your Family" Statement - Jan 2013 Study WT

by LostGeneration 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

To echo one of the sentiments/comments on page 1 - IT'S A CULT!!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    The sister quoted above says, “I know that I must stay
    busy in Jehovah’s service and keep myself in a spiritually
    strong condition so that when my daughter does come back
    to Jehovah, I will be in a position to help her.”
    20 The Bible says that love “hopes all things.” (1 Cor. 13:
    4, 7) It is not wrong for you to entertain the hope that your
    loved one will return. Each year, many wrongdoers repent
    and come back to Jehovah’s organization. Jehovah does not
    begrudge their repentance. On the contrary, he is “ready to
    forgive.”—Ps. 86:5.

Sheer, blatant brainwashing, so that the reader will equate the fiction they're spouting with Jehovah's word. In other words, it is simultaneous conditioning for people to believe firstly that disobeying the Watchtower is disobeying God, and secondly, that whatever the Watctower says is the word of God, and so to disobey the Watchtower is to disobey God, because God only speaks to them.

And so on. Ad infinitum. Absolutely disgusting, vile, controlling abuse of individuals and families. That's putting it mildly.

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

"It is not wrong for you to entertain the hope that your
    loved one will return. "

That is just sick! It's already hard enough, but no! do not move on...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Silly me, I always thought "necessary family business" meant to treat each other with love, kindness and respect, to nurture and encourage one another, to be there in tough times as well as in good, to take care of one another, to lift each other up, even to just be there for each other ....

Where did I ever get such foolish notions?

• cofty
    cofty

Silly you.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well I guess I've got about five months before my son knows he's not supposed to read emails from me. I better get cracking and tell him I love him and miss him before it's too late! 00PissedOff at the WT/GB/FDS!

• cofty
    cofty

00DAD - its truly disgusting. My parents have already gone back to shunning now it appears I'm not "shuffling off this mortal coil" for a while yet but to have a child shunning a parent just seems far worse. You have my deepest sympathy. Lets hope the increasing tyranny is a wake-up call for many.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey the brainwashing is so strong that I have EMPLOYEES that tried that shit. I reminded them what insubordination is, and that unemployment pays a lot less than I do

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Seeing this...

19 On the other hand, if you choose the path of resentment
    toward Jehovah, you will distance yourself from him.
    Really, what your beloved family member needs to see is
    your resolute stance to put Jehovah above everything else
    —including the family bond .
    So to cope with the situation,
    be sure to maintain your own spirituality. Do not isolate
    yourself from your faithful Christian brothers and sisters.
    (Prov. 18:1)

...breaks my heart anew. Every time I think I'm "over" my family treating me as if I were dead (I've been DFd for 20+ years), I read toxic tripe like this from the "loving organization" and I die a little more inside. I can imagine those of my blood that are still in reading this and swallowing it whole.

Once again, I wipe the hot tears away (not just for myself, but for all of us who are/have been so "lovingly" handled).

Once again, I shut away how I feel when this comes up.

Once again, I will keep myself far, far away from my JW family...I can't stay near them, if only because I'm reminded how much our family (like others here) has been utterly destroyed.

Sorry for my "boo hoo" session. This just hit me cross-wise. I'll feel better later after a good cry, and then I will embrace the truly happy self I know I am....because I am free from the cult.

~RTA

• cofty
    cofty

RTA - Your post reminds me that this isn't about theoretical ideas and theology - its about real people and broken relationships and heartache.

I have been out 16 years or so and I can honestly say I have never felt angry at the borg but recently that is changing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit