Latest "Shun Your Family" Statement - Jan 2013 Study WT

by LostGeneration 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Londo111
    Londo111

Of course, if a Witness chooses to shun family, it is a personal choice...

The Watchtower PR guy said so in the news article! He wouldn't lie!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Forget your Family..

Worship the...

WBT$ 8 Golden Calfs..

........................... ... OUTLAW

• Heaven
    Heaven

So my Father is suffering from dementia. His whole life is now pretty much eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom. Periodically he ties his shoelaces into a million knots. Sometimes he cuts his clothes off. Once he drank his shampoo thinking it was mouthwash.

According to the Wacktower, I should be shunning him because he'd rather tie knots in his shoelaces and sleep most of the day than put Jehovah first. Of course, he probably doesn't even remember who Jehovah is.

In my book, my responsibility here is to show my Father love and to be his advocate and power of attorney.

But Wacktower doesn't agree. I think these clowns have no idea just how evil they really look.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Wow Outlaw! Fantastick pic.!

• perfect1
    perfect1

Emotional blackmail.

• Satanus
    Satanus

For 2 yrs, a lived close to my family. They did contact me when 'necesary family business' came up, and pressured me to do my 'duty'. I did my 'duty' and was very supportive. I never brought up any antwt stuff. They never stepped one inch over what they wt allows, as far as association went. Once it was all taken care of, i was relegated back to my apostate doghouse. Well, i moved away without telling any of my relatives. They might not even know, yet, that i'm even gone. I'm making a brand new start, somewhere else. ****** em.

S

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I detest the way they use Jehovah's name instead of their own. They ascribe any rejection of them as a rejection of God. They claim the place of God . That is blashemy

• Open mind
    Open mind

I hope my elderly JW mother doesn't read this.

If she does, she'll probably stop calling my DFed brother to discuss the "necessary family business" of his latest hangnail or her sore back.

At least it's SOME contact, but It's pretty sad. Health issues. That's about it.

om

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LostGeneration:

I found out the hard way what a mistake it was to attempt to replace my family with people in the religion (strangers, really).

For a single woman like me, it was the worst advice I ever listened to! I remember one Thanksgiving holiday back when I was a "believer" and I was alone (by choice - what an idiot I was). I passed up perfectly good opportunities to eat a wonderful meal with people who really cared about me and spent time by myself because I thought it was "pleasing to Jehovah". What a crock of shit. I said to mysef: is Jehovah only pleased if I am looking at four walls by myself?

Meanwhile....where the hell were the witnesses?? They weren't all out in service. They just weren't around, period. They were probably huddled together in small groups celebrating Thanksgiving (or a facsimile of it) but would NEVER give a thought to inviting somebody like me over. NO, then they would feel they were "celebrating" a holiday. This is the irony of the whole stupid religion. They tell you to avoid your family and that they will become your "new" family. Wow, what a lie! The only interest they have in a single person is to ask them to do favors.

While I realize Thanksgiving is only one day in the year, it is an example of the solitary situation singles in the religion find themselves in year-round.

When I started my "fade" over eleven years ago, the first thing I did was to mend fences with estranged "worldly" family and relatives and not waste another moment away from them. It was the best thing I ever did in my whole life and I am ever-grateful to have been able to rectify the mistake I made years earlier!

This religion can go to hell.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

ditto Yan Bibiyan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit