Latest "Shun Your Family" Statement - Jan 2013 Study WT

by LostGeneration 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is the recipe for suicide.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Agreed, cofty. Sometimes in seeing these sorts of statements from the Borg, I simply think just how completely far off base they are in their "reasoning from the scriptures". Then other times like this, I've trouble shaking the anger and pain.

I'm glad for this community. It helps me keep my head on straight

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I am SO glad I do not have family in. I am in a pretty good fade right now and hope it stays that way though. A brother in Atlanta has some very important documents with him that belong to me. I just simply cannot go get them right now. I wonder what he will do if I am ever DFed.

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

@RTA hugs. I feel similarly.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

So texting and email can't be used for necessary family business?

It's so inconsistent. Some associate with family members because they have never been baptised, and this is sanctioned?

This WT article just goes to show that they are losing the war with DF relatives policy.

• perfect1
    perfect1

00D we should PM. I am feeling similar.

• Eustace
    Eustace

This is the recipe for suicide.

It's sad but true what you say here. We need to redouble our efforts to warn people off from getting baptized into something that so often ends in such emotional torture.

Does anyone have a pdf of a brochure that focuses in on the disfellowshipping issue?

• ammo
    ammo

Rta _ I hear ya, I'm there but thankfully happier than I have been for years now.

Screw Them, the GB have alot to answer for, and I have no hesitation telling JW's it's blood guilt on them running around telling people of an organization they know nothing about, I have even told a few to get out of babylon and quit touching the unclean thing's! throw all the guilt trip's back at them (I refrain from eyerolling and hissing-supposedly the mark of a true apostate:))

The more I learn about the GB's way's.... well.....Grrrrrrr

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

this makes me so angry. compound the hurt. Rip families apart.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Here's a comment from a friend of mine, I e-mailed him the quote from the WT article:

"...It is nausseating! That borderlines on the perverse.

It is not like they are advising families to be wary of people who have left, and that they may tell you how much they enjoy their lives, but they are robbing them of their free will, and their choice of how to associate with their family members. The arrogance to force a mother to not speak with her children or for a son to disown his father that raised him...have they no conscience? This is nothing more than blatant manipulation...really angers me for some reason. Even as an agnostic secular person, I find it highly insulting and offensive. They seem to want to enslave people...they dont want faith or fellowship, but servitude." In the past months we talked a lot about TTATT, he always had a listening ear, despite knowing little about JWs he was very understanding. I'm glad he never got into a cult like this. Yesterday I thought about making an advert in the local newspaper with parts of this quote from the Article, perhaps adding a short comment that exposes the coldheartedness in these policies. It might keep people away from the Witnesses and might make them more careful to not listen to the Witnesses when they come knocking the next time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit