Latest "Shun Your Family" Statement - Jan 2013 Study WT

by LostGeneration 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Perfect, just what my Family Law attorney was asking for.

• dog is god
    dog is god

This is such sick thinking. Doing something so hurtful, vile, shaming cannot be done in "love". Everybody gets screwed with this. Why would a "God of love" inspire such aweful practice? Easy, it came from men not God.

• Glander
    Glander

as Sebatious said. Shunning is the glue that holds the WT together, not love.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I guess some family members felt it was ok to communicate to df if by email. Those tricky jws who try to get around the GB. The GB is trying to close ALL forms of communication among family. Next they will say that it is wrong to communicate through social media. The GB always tries to connect Jehovah in commanding such a wrong arrangement, when a God of love would never alienate one.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

The sad thing isn't what these sick people publish, it's that too many follow these guidelines. And as Londo said, to non JWs they have the galls to say that they don't shun. SICK B*st*rds.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

The passage is quite artfully contrived for maximum guilt. I think it won't be too long before they actually suggest that even THINKING about disfellowshipped family members is sin and disloyalty to Jehovah. They're one step away from it.

• cofty
    cofty

This increasing oppression will be their own downfall eventually.

All unfair and oppressive regimes collapse sooner or later, its an unatural state of affairs.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

cofty: This increasing oppression will be their own downfall eventually. All unfair and oppressive regimes collapse sooner or later, its an unatural state of affairs.

I know you're right, I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

"

I detest the way they use Jehovah's name instead of their own. They ascribe any rejection of them as a rejection of God. They claim the place of God . That is blashemy"

Amen BluesBrother

• Sulla
    Sulla

If she does, she'll probably stop calling my DFed brother to discuss the "necessary family business" of his latest hangnail or her sore back.

Very interesting. I had a convesation not a month ago with my mother about just this thing. I expressed that they were no supposed to have any but necessary contact with me and that I simply refuse to countenance such a viewpoint. Further, I would not allow contact with my children, given this rule -- if I am not welcome in their house, then they will not have a normal relationship with their grandchildren, I said.

Her response was to minimize the whole "necessary business" thing. "Oh, 'necessary family business!' that could be anything!" I was surprised by it, but maybe it's more common than I had thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit