Atheist Miracles

by Perry 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane
    DNA.... From rocks bumping into each other.... Sigh....

Maybe Perry the Fibber is thinking about his hot date last night.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

observing the lingo of atheists reveals the same kind of "absolute" commitment to Materialism - this is, unfortunately for religious people, totally in line with all available evidence. There is no evidence - repeat NO EVIDENCE - for a spirit realm or for "ghosts in the machine".

Atheists and scientists accept the existence of lions because of the evidence. They don't currently accept the existence of Bigfoot or God or the Flying Spaghetti Monster because there is no evidence for them.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    observing the lingo of atheists reveals the same kind of "absolute" commitment to Materialism - this is, unfortunately for religious people, totally in line with all available evidence. There is no evidence - repeat NO EVIDENCE - for a spirit realm or for "ghosts in the machine".
    Atheists and scientists accept the existence of lions because of the evidence. They don't currently accept the existence of Bigfoot or God or the Flying Spaghetti Monster because there is no evidence for them.

Atheists simply share a lack of belief in spirits, spirit realms, God, gods, etc. That says nothing about materialism, evaluating evidence, bigfoot, lions or the FSM.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    So the FACTS are to be discarded just because . . . .

Oh god Perry. Seriously, develop a little self awareness man.

• Perry
    Perry

Ok, trying to get control of the math here with some documentation:

There are 1.5 Million printed pages of DNA just printing the first letter of each base pair. Printing both would require 3 Million Pages.

One SINGLE CELL organism has over 200 times this amount of DNA information. (Some multi-cell organisms have double this, but we're just using the amoeba example) That's 600 million printed pages of information. That's is equivalent to 3 Million 200 page textbooks.

If those pages were laid end to end, they would reach halfway to the moon or about 5 times around the equator.

Now keep in mind that the old atheist argument of "junk DNA" has been discarded because a study way back in 2012 accounted for 80% of the links to functionality in humans. I'm sure even more has been accounted for by now and all will be accounted for in the future.

So, I ask anyone, using an atheist paradigm:

How did 600 Million pages of useful information get squeezed into the nucleus of a single cell organism using a 3 dimensional double helix informational storage device that is self correcting, that itself is housed in a cell that has a minimum of 2000 interdependent parts that must have appeared all at the same time in order to function?

LoveUniHate Exams,

I think you are coming in a little late to the discussion. We have already established the belief in tooth fairies, Batman and Captian America in Atheists who believe in the Multiverse theory. Using this theory, I see no reason why Bigfoot can't be added to the list.

• cantleave
    cantleave

How did 600 Million pages of useful information get squeezed into the nucleus of a single cell organism using a 3 dimensional double helix informational storage device that is self correcting, that itself is housed in a cell that has a minimum of 2000 interdependent parts that must have appeared all at the same time in order to function?

It's called chemistry!!!!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The answer is always "God did it." And he accuses us of escaping one prison to get into another.

Perry, you can find quacks who will say anything as an expert in a courtroom trial and you can find those same types if you search the internet to bolster your absolute refusal to even consider rejecting the young earth (or the life upon it) and the Bible.

Your thoughts, boiled down to the basics, are nothing new. In your mind, you cannot fathom that life got the way it is without a god, and you cannot fathom the universe itself being this way without a god. But the limitations are yours. Science is willing to ask the questions you are afraid to ask, like "Does it need a god? If it does, then who or what made the god? If it doesn't, let's see how that happened." Just because science cannot answer all the questions right now, you default to "God did it" and stop asking.

I know you want us to snap you out of this thinking and that is why you continue to offer junk science to this forum. You know it's junk science, but you just don't have the guts to admit it. You were wrong once and got out of that, and you are just afraid to find out you are wrong again. So many started down that road you are on. I dabbled in "Christianity just might be right" and "Maybe all religion is wrong, but God must be there." But the god of the Bible says to test him, and that is what I did. And he isn't there.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

The "its so complicated and if I contextually point out that the numbers are really big so the only reasonable answer is that God did it" arguement is a classic fallacy Perry.

As a former believer, I don't know how life got here, but it seems clear it evolved. Most Christians must agree to the concept at least, because otherwise there is no way to explain diversity from the Ark containing all species in the world only 4 thousand years ago.

• cofty
    cofty
    Now keep in mind that the old atheist argument of "junk DNA" has been discarded because a study way back in 2012 accounted for 80% of the links to functionality in humans. I'm sure even more has been accounted for by now and all will be accounted for in the future.

No it hasn't. The 80% figure is grossly exaggerated to capture headlines. It only refers to biochemically active regions of DNA - a meaningless finding. Randomly generated DNA is frequently found to be "active" in that sense. The actual figure of functionality is around just 20%. Around 65% got inserted through copying errors.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry,

"Certainly finding dinosaur soft tissue, blood vessels, cells, dna fragments, and proteins capable of being sequenced that are a few thousand years old since the flood wiped most of them out - demands an explanation."

You received an explanation earlier on this thread and what's more you can find an explanation just by googling.

So called dinosaur soft tissues are microbial colonies that have nothing to do with the original tissue. These fossils are millions years old.

DNA sequencing comes from bones that are actually thousands of years old. These recent sequences are from creatures that lived much after the dinosaurs.

The blood vessels that are seen within the bone are simply the empty spots that they left behind after they completely decomposed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit