Atheist Miracles

by Perry 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    First, there was nothing. Then, nothing acted upon the nothing and caused nothing to explode. Out of the exploded nothing, came everything and everywhere.

That is wrong on so many levels I wouldn't know where to begin picking it apart; so I won't. It speaks for itself. Screams is more like it.

"First, there was nothing." Wow!

• Protarded
    Protarded

How is it any more ridiculous than, something made people out of dust and kills them for eating fruit. Gets pissed off at snakes and takes away their legs, floods the whole world and sends his son on a kamikaze mission to calm himself down, and then expect us to kiss his murderous ass?

• azor
    azor

I have noticed that many who leave this cult have great difficulty letting go of gods. I know from my circle that many consider it a moral failing. Family and friends that say you leave god when you leave his "true organization" applies tremendous pressure to prove them wrong.

In my research I have also noticed a strong correlation when atheists come out to their religious families and that of JW's leaving the cult. The way they are treated is atrocious. Depending on the religious fervor of their family many of them lose most of their previous contacts like many of us here.

The arguments that believers in gods make are tired like the one above. They are not sound just like the witness that makes the statement "wait on jehovah".

To all believers in gods on this forum please do your research. It is painful. But we know pain since we have gone through or are going through the pain of leaving this cult.

Do your own research. Don't trust what you want to believe. You have seen what that can lead to for you are here because of it. Follow the evidence. There is an abundance of peer reviewed documentation on evolution and mythology of the bible and many more related subjects. Or you can start on YouTube if you don't like to read.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But Perry is it possible to undermine and disregard all the information mankind has gathered concerning biological evolution and the earth's own geological evolution ?

How about the science of astrophysics ?

Never mind the posturing on the something from nothing ideology.

I rather accept the knowledge mankind has acquired today than what the ancient Hebrews knew of the world and the universe.

• DJS
    DJS

Cappytan: "Perry, you and I need to go grab a brew or two at a local watering hole and have a nice time and show these folks that atheists and you can get along."

I bet Perry is a good egg. Just don't mention Viviane.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Let us always keep in mind when talking to Perry:

A talking snake told a naked lady to eat a fruit which she then shared with her naked husband with the missing rib. Then all hell broke loose - literally. Lions sprouted fangs and started eating lambs instead of grass; Tyrannosaurus stopped eating palm trees and started munching on Brontosaurus and galaxies started crashing together.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most Creationists do not have Phd.s in the various sciences , they have a Phd.s in believing ancient mythology, expressed thousands of years ago by primitive people, there they find their cognitive logic.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

By the way I am an atheist and I do think life on earth is a miracle, a miracle that was created by natural law not by undefined supernatural beings ?

Well thats what I hold to for now until proven otherwise.

Is it not better for mankind to use are intelligence to improve the human experience as it exists

than wait for some unknown supernatural being(s) to come to are rescue ?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The universe did NOT have a creation event, it always existed. The

Big Bang was always there and this started the universe.

Time, without it nothing must have always existed, it can not have a

beginning because either would create a moment in time. Without

time it would be meaningless to ask its existence and that of the universe.

When the universe was created it was simply there all the time, existing

in the same way as nothing, as it always has.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I reworded a variation of a common critique of atheists to my own liking.

So you made up a bunch of stuff and completely misunderstood both the bible and science to fit your pre-conceived lazy ignorance and lack of knowledge.

Anyone would care because...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit