Atheist Miracles

by Perry 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

I reworded a variation of a common critique of atheists to my own liking. No, I do not hate atheists, I love them! They keep me from getting bored. Atheists are challenging!

Atheist Miracles:

First, there was nothing. Then, nothing acted upon the nothing and caused nothing to explode. Out of the exploded nothing, came everything and everywhere. After nothing exploded, nothing created information that if stacked as books, would reach the moon and back several times at the exact same time that nothing magically created a 3D double helix information storage system to contain this library in a space smaller than a period. Then for no reason, this information from nothing, created the first single cell from nothing, that for nothing in particular, replicated. This replication magically turned into people, some of whom believe that if you don’t exclusively teach their miracles in schools, you are dangerous.

• cofty
    cofty

If you are going to indulge in reductio ad absurdum at least get the facts right.

Abiogenesis and cosmic origins are still challenges for scientists.

The evolution of every living thing from a common ancestor is not. It is a fact beyond all sensible debate.

You need to reconcile your superstitions with this reality.

By the way Perry I have asked you this question many times and I am still waiting on an answer. Which books that present the scientific evidence for evolution have you read?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I 'liked' both of your posts because you are a kick. You're like a witness and householder arguing at a door. Always entertaining, and lucky to find, since it kept me from having to take the next door myself. Remember that? Heaven!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I love you, Perry. Truly. And I always see you jumping in here and then not responding very much to valid counterpoints. And it has become crystal clear to me that you are truly hoping that some of us atheists can talk some sense into you, can shake you hard enough to snap you out of your Jesus beliefs.

I guess you just can't walk away on your own. In many ways, you are stuck in your own dangerous mind-control beliefs. I don't know what religious group is feeding your mind. I think it is mostly coming from your own mind and I doubt you are in a dangerous group like Westboro Baptists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDdiCYTK160

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Agnostic here, hell I don't no, "but one creates from nothing".

If you try to create from something you're just changing something.

So in order to create something you first have to be able to create

nothing. So the question, who created nothing.

What the hell did I say..

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

You posted a thread on the same subject on which I posted on with reference to your having said the same thing. It, as of this time, is the second to last post. You did not respond to the "challenge" but now you're repeating the same thing. Here is my response once again.

Village Idiot an hour ago
    "Perry, that sign that you mentioned is based on outdated science. Today Cosmologists are beginning to realize that our universe is part of a multiverse - a universe of universes. The multiverse would be eternal and that would be no different than your claiming that your god, supposed creator of anything, is also eternal."
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry,

"After nothing exploded, nothing created information that if stacked as books, would reach the moon and back several times..."

The progression of inanimate matter starts with the original elements Hydrogen and Helium. These two elements attract each other by gravity and when they become dense they 'rub' each other until they produce a nuclear ignition producing heat, thus becoming stars. These basic atoms also collide with each other until some of them stay 'stuck' with another atom and thus become a different element. All the building blocks of life - Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen etc. are created within stars.

After the heat of the star progresses to a certain level of intensity the star explodes hurling all the elements into space. These elements, after a certain period of time begin to contract once more into other stars, known as second generation stars, and their planets contain the elements which life requires, Hydrogen and Helium by themselves are to simple to produce life.

"... at the exact same time that nothing magically created a 3D double helix information storage system to contain this library in a space smaller than a period."

Although the exact evolution of proto-microbes has yet to be understood (as we understand the evolution of more complex life) you do not start with the complexity of microbes but with the ever growing complexity of chemicals all the way to precursors of amino acids which are the building blocks of self reproducing life.

"This replication magically turned into people, some of whom believe that if you don’t exclusively teach their miracles in schools, you are dangerous.

There is no magic in evolution. It is based on this principle: Survival of the most reproductive in a given environment.

When a beneficial mutation arises the organism with its trait is able to out reproduce its fellow organisms (without that mutation) until it has outnumbered the other organisms in its particular environment and then becomes a new species different then its previous one.

This mechanism has given the following progression throughout all creatures. Microbes -> small multicellular creatures most of them aquatic -> larger multicellular creatures -> small primitive animals -> more advanced aquatic animals - amphibian like - who could dwell at the edge of oceans and land -> land animals in progression all the way to the creatures that exist today.

If you really want to understand what those who acknowledge evolution have to say I recommend that you watch Carl Sagan's Cosmos series where he explains the progression of the Cosmos all the way to mankind. If you further want to entertain your self with the most thorough refutation of practically every Creationist argument I suggest the following book 550 pages long:

Science and Earth History: The Evolution/Creation Controversy Hardcover – November 1, 1999

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

who says there was nothing?

not knowing what preceded and claiming it was "nothing" are not the same my bird loving friend.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Perry, you and I need to go grab a brew or two at a local watering hole and have a nice time and show these folks that atheists and you can get along.
  • cofty
    cofty
    nothing magically created a 3D double helix information storage system - Perry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit