Atheist Miracles

by Perry 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane
    WMF: well said: The educated scientists saying we don't know (yet)
    Some atheists always say "nyet"
    vetoing, negating, but enjoying the works of the worker.

Hmmm, a large, LARGE number of those scientists are atheists. I hope you don't enjoy the fruits of their labor. That would make you both misinformed and a hypocrite if you did.

• done4good
    done4good

Perry - The dozens of cosmological constants, some of which I listed, that make our universe infinitesimally unlikely are not disputed by science.

Really? The Einsteinian concept of a cosmological constant was debunked in the 1920s when Hubble postulated an inflationary universe.

The only modern understanding of such, is a constant known as Lamda-CDM, which makes allowances for inflation and dark energy.

Can you at least be current, and not resort to 100 year old understandings of science?

d4g

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

If matter, space and time had a beginning, then something outside of that fabric must have initiated it. Agency (God) existing and acting from outside of the space time universe is the ONLY REASONABLE SOLUTION to this problem.

Isn't it great how history continuously repeats itself? Here we are in 2015, and we are still attributing to magic what we can't yet explain with science. After the hundreds of things that we previous thought were the result of the supernatural, and are now explained by science, we insists on doing the same for the things which we'll probably know the answer in the near future.

What a great all-emcompassing excuse for all things we can't yet explain.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    We don't believe in sorcerer, warlock, hags, what's left.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

redvip2000,

"Isn't it great how history continuously repeats itself? Here we are in 2015, and we are still attributing to magic what we can't yet explain with science."

Here in the United States we are only two election cycles away from rank superstition.

• prologos
    prologos

Morpheus, you said: "Prologs, that may be a bit of your bias showing. I dont know of any athiests who say "nyet but enjoy the works of the worker". Your mistaking ignorant wonder for appreciation."

thoughtful. I did not mean to say that most atheists do not appreciate the wonders of nature, life , because the better educated do of course understand the workings. My opinion is that they are fully immersed in living, but say "No, i am convinced there is no creator, and there is no "(yet") likely.

pinning down some atheist's convictions is like trying to nail pudding to the wall, So I am not waiting for an 'atheist's miracle' to be proved wrong on that.

IMHO if you daily look at the grand spectacle of existence, AND the more you know about how it all works, the work involved, the more you could at least put a "possible" in the concept of a deist originating worker.

• done4good
    done4good

prologos - "No, i am convinced there is no creator, and there is no "(yet") likely.

That is not an atheist's position. That is like saying "I am convinced there is no tooth fairy". I don't need to explain that. An atheist simply understands that no evidence exists for such an all knowing omniscient being. The burden of proof lies with the believer to prove such a being exists. An atheist is "convinced" of nothing.

No one saying there is no "possibility" of such a being.

d4g

• Viviane
    Viviane
    My opinion is that they are fully immersed in living, but say "No, i am convinced there is no creator, and there is no "(yet") likely.

When you insist on telling people what their opinion is...

pinning down some atheist's convictions is like trying to nail pudding to the wall, So I am not waiting for an 'atheist's miracle' to be proved wrong on that.

... rather than letting them speak for themselves, I can see why you would have trouble understanding.

IMHO if you daily look at the grand spectacle of existence, AND the more you know about how it all works, the work involved, the more you could at least put a "possible" in the concept of a deist originating worker.

Once you decide evidence isn't going to be used, anything becomes "possible". What does that have to do with you not understanding what atheist think while simultaneously trying to claim what they think?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

prologos

But Perry believes that Deists are going to hell. It isn't so much creationism as it is his brand of it which is that of Christian Fundamentalists.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Desists and theists have a hard problem defining a supernatural being because the only thing they have to define one is their own imagination.

Usually its an old guy for some reason., well an Almighty powerful god would have to be a male , a female would be too weak from that kind of job, after all most Kingdom rulers were males in ancients times.

In an posturing act to position oneself into intellectually honesty, which is more and which is less. ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit