The New Diary of Winston Smith

by WinstonSmith 336 Replies latest jw experiences

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Amen to that Listener. Our gut feeling that JW friendships, for the most part, have no depth has been resoundingly confirmed. Everything is for show.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

it also makes it easier from the point of view that ,though you have lost those "friends", the frindship was worth so little because to them it was totally conditional.

Continue to build real friendships like the one with your Muslim friend, people who really care.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Absolutely. These friendships were only there because of geographical chance. Simply because we lived in x congregations territory we are expected to be besties with our 'brothers' there. We'll be making our own choices from now thank you very much!

There is no such thing as unconditional love among Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jesus said love your enemy. The Governing Body says shun them. Who do JWs follow?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Winston: There is no such thing as unconditional love among Jehovah's Witnesses.

So true. If it's conditional, it isn't love!

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hi everyone! How's it going? I've had a rather busy month with some big positive changes. Looking forward to catching up on all the goss.

What's happenin'?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Nice to hear from you. Look forward to an update...

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hello Konceptual99, great to hear from you!

Things have been rather hectic.

June is the end of the financial year here in Australia so I was bombarded with work. In amongst all that I had some interstate travel, and moved house. As of yesterday I have officially caught up with my work, so sorry, you're gonna be seeing more of me mua ha ha!

As I said above we have moved house. Bought a lovely place after much deliberation. Very happy with the location, the price, everything. It ticked all the boxes. One of the most important boxes it ticked was that it was out of the territory of our congregation. This will make it easier for us to complete our fade. We feel like we have moved in to another gear with the fade with this move.

We still have some things to work through, but being out of the territory while telling people we are phoning in to the meeting is proving effective. The statement "out if sight out of mind" is so true, and many have heard we have moved (LOL at the JW gossip lines!) and have simply assumed that we are attending the congregation in our new area. Only the elders and our good friend Sister T know that we are phoning in (we're not, but are letting them think that), and only Sister T knows our new address. So far we have managed to avoid giving it out, despite the elders trying a couple of times. Nuh uh losers.

So on that front things are going well. The next challenge will be that Mum texted me today saying that they are thinking of coming over for the convention this year. DUN DUN DUNNNN.

• Pickler
    Pickler

New house, one step further away from your past & towards a better future, away from the WTBTS.

Glad to hear you & the Mrs are doing well.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Yeah mate, slowly slowly, but surely surely...

• Listener
    Listener

Good to hear that moving to a new house is working out well and that you are happy with your decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit