The New Diary of Winston Smith

by WinstonSmith 336 Replies latest jw experiences

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Ha ha 'Fade Accompli' I love it! Great work Phizzy.

The plan for the moment is to keep putting in time. We are of course not doing any, and if any of them had a brain between them, they would realise this.... We are doing this for now so as to stay off the radar. This is because we are planning to move in the next fews months and are hoping to keep the wolves away until then. When we move we will 'accidentally' give the Secretary the wrong street number. We don't have a landline and don't answer numbers we don't know on our mobiles, nor do we open the door for anyone who hasn't texted us in advance. This will hopefully put a reasonably final lid on the congregational side of things.

This just leaves the friendships, but in all honesty, the only person that will keep in touch with us will be Sister T and we are okay with that as we still have hopes that she may wake up. You know what its like, you can have friends in another congregation who share the same hall, but only see them twice a year.

That's the plan anyway. Time will be the prover....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Winston Smith: I got a text from an elder!!! The text read, and I quote: "Did I get your time for last month?"

If I got a text like that, I'd respond, "I'm fine, thanks! And how are you?"

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Keep it up Winston! Soooo proud of you guys! Cant' wait for your move that will be a lovely new chapter in your lives...

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Oubliette: Funny you say that because I very nearly did just that. There is a guy at my work who will walk into my office and just start talking about whatever he came for. I always interrupt him and say "I'm fine thanks mate, I appreciate you asking!" He hates it, and gets the point, but then does the same thing the next day....

By the way I hadn't thought to check my PMs for a while, and finally saw yours yesterday. I appreciate it, and would love to learn more! I'm intrigued and hope all is well.

Ray: Always good to hear from you bro! We are looking forward to making the move. We know it will play a key role in stepping away from our past. I think things will be even more different than we imagine. I just hope we can pull it off and slink away.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

One more day of work and then I have a looooong weeked. Yippee! Thursday is a public holiday, and I have an annual leave day on Friday so we are looking forward to a few days of chillaxing!

A funny thing happened yesterday. I got a Facebook message from a sister in our congregation. Not much of a preamble, and no mention of us missing meetings since the end of February, just straight in to asking for some help with a question she had. You see, she had looked it up on the WT library and wasn't able to find the answer, so she was all out of ideas. This is the wonderful spiritual training that the WTS provides you see. Because everything is served up on a platter for them, they have no idea how to think. Lovely people yes. Thinkers? No.

It's funny, when you are "in" you think you know it all, and have it all figured out. You feel like you can answer all the questions, and it all makes so much sense. Once you have woken up, you realise that there was so much that didn't make much sense, but was accepted under the guise of "the Slave looks after us so well They have given us this spiritual food!"

I can understand why many are happy to be a JW. Life makes sense, it all fits together. All you gotta do is open your skull, pour in the WT spiel, mix, and serve.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Today is ANZAC Day here in Australia and back home in New Zealand. A.N.Z.A.C is an acronym for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, and the day commemorates the landing of this force in Gallipoli during The Great War. It now has expanded to be a day to remember those who have fallen in all wars, but with the focus remaining on Gallipoli.

I have always had an interest in the armed services, and I honestly think that had I not been a witness, there is a good chance I would be piloting an aircraft for Queen and Country right now. As ANZAC Day came and went each year I always wanted to go along to the commemorations to show my respects. Each year I felt a pang of guilt from my WT addled mind for wanting to 'glorify war' even though this day does not do that at all. It is a day where those who died are remmbered by their surviving families, and respect and recognition is shown to those who have served and still serve.

This year we are wide awake from the JW slumber, and for our long weekend we are out of town. So first time in my life I (with Mrs Smith) went along to the dawn service local to where we are staying. It was a moving experience, so respectful and full of deep, deep emotion. We shed a tear along with everyone else as we observed a moments silence.

So glad to experience this in person for the first time, and humbled to have been able to pay my respects.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hey Winston, Ive taken my kids in to watch the ANZAC day parade. It's very moving. It's lovely to be able to give these returned servicemen & women the respect they deserve. I hated how the JW sneered at this day, accusing it of glorifying war, when it's nothing of the sort.

Good to hear life is going well for you & the Mrs!

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hi Pickler, what a great thing to share with your family I think it helps children see how big the world is and help them understand why the world is shaped as it is today.

Its another Saturday here in Australia, looking forward to doing what normal people do - tidy up the house, wash the car, do some shopping, sip a coffee and people-watch in a cafe. So nice to not have to worry about field service or the meetings.

I like this.

I like this a lot.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

So it has been more than a couple of months now since Mrs Smith and I went to a meeting. In the last week or so people must have started to notice as we have received a couple of text and Facebook messages. Still absolutely NOTHING from any elder. Loving concerned shepherds? Heeeeeeell no.

It has been interesting reading the banal, emotionless, and stock standard (and therefore meaningless) phrases coming from God's chosen people i.e. "true Christians." This what we have received:

"Thinking of you."

"Thinking of you, I had a bible study today and her husband said she shouldn't study but she said she wants to keep on, Jehovah will help her."

"Didn't see you at the CA it was about guarding our mind. Meditation is medication."

"How are you guys? Been thinking of you."

I swear to Thor if I hear the phrase "thinking of you" again, I am going to vomit. What an utterly meaningless phrase when coming from people who obviously have no interest in you.

Compare this with a message we got from a non JW friend (a Muslim in fact) who knows that we are fading:

"I know things must be difficult for you, hang in there. If you ever need anything from me just call and I will come straight over. Take care!"

LOL JWs, you fail, and you fail hard.

• Listener
    Listener

It makes it all that much easier to fade away when you realize the sincerity is not really there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit