The New Diary of Winston Smith

by WinstonSmith 336 Replies latest jw experiences

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Just looked at the KM for this week, and it looks like there is another money talk in the Service Meeting.

Prepare your wallets, and pack your bags - we're going on a guilt trip!

• Listener
    Listener

That's great Mr Smith, it is a very loving response and she is lucky to have you as a brother. You're opening a new door and her response will help you decide how to further assist her.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Thanks Listener, I appreciate you taking the time to have a read through. I'm not sure she shares your sentiments, she could tell you some funny stories of our adventures ha ha ;-D

I have tried to couch things in such a way that if it was ever seen by anyone, I could honestly say "This was a private conversation with my sister. I haven't said anything anti-organisation. I've just voiced some questions that I have always wondered. I know we have to 'wait on Jehovah' and sometimes it's good to talk about it with close family."

Of course it may all blow up in my face. If it does, maybe it will expedite Mrs Smith and I out faster and more painfully than we planned.

Maybe it's worth the risk.

• Listener
    Listener

You would get a lot more responses if you posted this on a different thread. It is amazing how readily members on here are willing to make suggestions but many of them wouldn't have picked up on this story.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Good call there Listener. I'm gonna do just that!

• WinstonSmith
  • suavojr
    suavojr

marked

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

So, fellow faders, what are your plans for the next couple of weeks? Mrs Smith and I will go to our mid-week meeting this week. Then we won't attend another one until at least the week of the 7th of January. If anyone asks where we are / were, we'll just say we are / were away for the holidays. Bliss.

By the way, this weekend just gone marked 9 months since we last did door to door. We have been out one or two times a month since then, but only done very lazy return visits, and only with our very close friend Sister T.

We have made some good progress with Sister T too of late. Her horrible experience with the elders recently has certainly helped. So much so that she made the comment to us the other day that she is now convinced that Satan has infiltrated the organisation and is corrupting it, and that soon Jehovah will take steps to clean it up.

So far so good......

Read this the other day from Dr Seuss, and thought it was pretty damn awesome:

Be who you are.

Say what you feel.

Because those who mind, don't matter.

And those who matter, don't mind.

• karter
    karter

Winston Smith.

Another good one from DR Seuss.

"Today you are you that is truer than true there is none alive more youer than you"

Karter.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

That's cool Karter, thanks for sharing!

Some of our childhood books have some real gems in them. Can't say the same for some other childhood books like Learn From the Great Teacher and My Book of Bible Stories though.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit