The New Diary of Winston Smith

by WinstonSmith 336 Replies latest jw experiences

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I had tears in my eyes. Your story is close to mine, except my wife didn't want to think, and broke our family up. Divorced me - it nearly killed me. I have 2 beautiful kids that do think! Whew!

All my best to you! I am considered inactive, as I tried to leave with some dignity, which is not in the JW schedule.

Today, I JUST posted on my facebook wall an anology between 1984 and the WTS. It is the first time I dared. Otherwise, I have been open about my atheism.
    The truth will set you free... indeed!

Best!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

PMed you. ;)

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

PanHandleGirl: It is good to be back! Nice to have a warm welcome from everyone :-) Looking forward to posting more and sharing info.

00DAD: Hi bro! We are more committed than ever to fading out of this. Little by little is our motto. How are thing with your son? Never give up my friend.

Clarity: The future has a whole new meaing when you learn the truth about the truth. So very happy that Mrs Smith is awake too. I can't imagine what it would be like to do this alone, and have huge respect for those who do. :-P is an emoticon of someone poking out their tongue. I post from an iPad and the ones like you used in your post don't come up properly for me so I have to type them the old fashioned way ;-) And yes, there are some crazies on here, but they all contribute to the fabric that is the human experience.....

Conceptual99: Cheers mate, just replied!

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

RayPublisher: Bro, thank you for your comments! Thank you too for sharing your ongoing story here. There are no doubt many that have benefitted from it. It is a brave thing to open up the rawness to others as you have done. Much, much respect to you sir. You will always have a special place in my JWN experience - after I joined and posted for the first time, you were the first person to send me a PM. Stay strong brother, stay true.

PanHandleGirl: Ha ha, I finally got around to reading some Dan Brown lately and felt inspired to hide something 'in plain sight' :-D

PaintedToeNail: Sorry to hear that this has been your experience so far. Please remember that this is a battle for minds, and it can only be won a few inches at a time. It can be tough going, but tiny bit by tiny bit, you can make an impact. You never know what might come from a well timed innocent question. Mrs Smith told me that after I casually mentioned the transplant thing, she frantically looked up the publications to prove me wrong, but saw the reality in black and white. This was when the veneer began to peel for her. Hang in there, and keep us up to date.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

FadeToBlack: Yeah mate, I was gutted, but in the bigger picture of things, it was the best thing to do. As mentioned earlier, I was always very careful and know there was nothing incriminating on there, but wanted to cover all bases. Later on I will explain more about what happened. Good to hear that your wife missed the meeting. Like I said above, it takes little steps to win the war, maybe sharing some apples is the first step. As I post on here, I hope that there is something that you might be able to use to get that spark going.

The Truth is Mine: Wow, that is amazing! I think it was Phizzy who once said to me that the truth is a house of cards, and it only takes one thing to begin bringing the house down. The question of whether we should stay because JWs are 'such nice people' crossed our minds too, but the way it all creeps into every part of your life without knowing is quite chilling. The programming goes deep and can take a while to undo. I said Happy Birthday to someone for the first time in my life recently, and had such rush of adrenalin afterward that I had to stop take a moment to realise how silly it all is. Twisting and lying in order to wangle things to your advantage is deplorable. Making people feel bad for asking honest questions is even worse.

Braincleaned: Thanks for the PM, I replied just before. Sorry to hear about your experience. It never fails to amaze me that JWs say they don't break up families, but it is often them that cause all the trouble and drama. One of Mrs Smiths concerns was that I was going to leave her or that she would have to leave me. I said to her "Why would I leave? My feelings toward you have not changed in the slightest, my feelings about the Society however..." Our plan is to eventually be inactive too. We are going to wind things back in the congregation that we are in, and then move to another congregation where we will be inactive, or one of "those hopeless ones that only come now and then" I will check out the FaceBook link you mentioned. I love George Orwell. If you are in to comparisons, check out one of my other threads on Animal Farm and the WTS: http://jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/226069/1/Some-observations-on-Animal-Farm-by-George-Orwell

Stay cool everyone B-)

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Winston:

I never was a JW and so will forever be condemned as a 'worldly' (haha!).

My very best wishes to you and yours. PM me if I can be of any use.

Best regards from another George Orwell afficionado.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hi Joe! Great to hear from you mate :-)

Did anyone else notice this in the WT study for today: The scripture that was used to show that those with a heavenly hope and those with an earthly hope must live up to the same standards, states quite clearly that there is only one hope? (April 15th 2012 Study Edition WT, page 11 paragraph 3)

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

We took another step in the fading process today. Had a nice brunch with some guys I used to work with, their partners, and a guy who works with me. Such a good time, talking about movies, work, life, travel. Good fun. It was nice to have a normal conversation!

These guys and their partners are the base of our new circle of friends outside of the congregation.

Little by little....

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Very clever Winston!

I see it~

oz

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

Winston, your story is awesome and I am so glad you've got your wife with you on your journey! I am very much alone in my family in my realization that JWs don't have "the Truth". I've really appreciated you writing your story. Please keep it up! :)

I noticed too the reference to the scripture in this week's WT study article about their being one hope. I wanted to mention it to my husband but he's ultra sensitive to any apostate leanings I have and will overreact lately to the smallest things. I have to take it a lot more slowly nowadays. It's amazing the stuff you notice when you are no longer in a Watchtower-induced fog!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit