The New Diary of Winston Smith

by WinstonSmith 336 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When you are used to eating a diet of pure shite, fresh shite tastes just a bit better than the old shite, or at least, warmer.

I really feel that anyone who stays in now, with how far the cult has degenerated, is beyond help, all you lurkers and faders need to think :

"If this crap does not wake up my loved ones, will anything ? I need to get on with real life."

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

I agree Phizzy this recent push out of new info by the GB contains just enough crazy that it might be final straw for any that may be wavering. Let's hope!

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hi Winston, just revisiting your story, how's the fade going? I see you went to the memorial.....it must be getting harder to be exposed to this "shite" so accurately described by phizzy. How do you cope? That last "clarification" nonsense made me feel so sad/disgusted at the same time. I agree most people probably don't even bother trying to understand it anymore.

My so is doing dystopia at school, and I spied him reading animal farm last night (after finishing 1984) looking forward to some interesting discussions with him.

Good luck to you & your wife!

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hello Pickler!

I really appreciate you taking the time to keep in touch. Let me say, you have done more than any of the elders in our congregation. As mentioned above the only meeting I have been to in the last couple of months was the Memorial. In the whole time I have been absent from the meetings, not one single elder has been in touch to see whats up, or more importantly, to see if I am alive. I feel sorry for those in the congregation who look to these men as being their shepherds.

Our fade is going right to plan. This coming Saturday, April the 13th will be our 1st Apostaversary. One year since the lights went on with Mrs Smith and she joined me on this journey. We haven't been out in field service for 6 months now. We still put a report in just to keep the wolves away, and no-one has said anything. I haven't been to a meeting since the start of February, and Mrs Smith since the Memorial.

We have been doing a good job of staying under the radar so far, and in the near future, when we move house, we hope to make a clean break. We have family in NZ who are still in, but being in a different country has its benefits...

Our friend that I have mentioned before, Sister T, is the only one in the whole congregation who keeps in touch. Every couple of weeks or so we will catch up and have a coffee, or have her over to watch a movie. We continue to work on her as she has some doubts - even going as far as saying that she is convinced that the Organisation has been infiltrated by Satan and that soon Jehovah will step in to clean it up - but she still believes that there has to be an organised group of people as God's people, and that JWs are that group. We have had some brilliant open and honest discussions with her, she can see it, but fails to realise the import of it I think. Quite frustrating. She is our only genuine friend around here (in the congregation that is), and we can only hope that we have given her enough reasoning that one day, she might hear something in a talk or magazine and it will go CLICK and she'll see the light - the real light, not New Light.

Once we move it will be harder to keep in touch with her, you know what it is like, you can be best mates with someone from a different congregation that shares your hall, but only see them twice a year. So we hope that once we will go she'll keep in touch. We will certainly be keeping touch. Something tells us though that once we are gone, she will just melt back into the WT rut. Some people need to be a part of something.

Mrs Smith and I are happier that ever. We look forward the weekends, and having a bit of a lie in in the mornings. Sometimes we'll wander around the markets, sometimes head into the city, sometimes go to the beach and watch the world go by. We are appreciating life on a whole new level now. We see things different, and not just with a 'the end is just around the corner' view. We see the good in people and realise that we are all just animals hanging on to a rock flying through space. We are all equal in just wanting to survive from day to day and year to year.

Having said that, we are not so naive as to think that we are in the clear just yet. For now though, things are going well and we hope that things will continue in this way and we can slowly fade away to nothingness, and no-one will have any clue.

Stay strong friends, and hang in there no matter what battle you are going through. Patience and determination are what will win this game.

WS

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

We had a Zone Overseer talk today. We didn't go. It finished 12 minutes ago and we just got a text from Sister T. "Where are you guys sitting, I'll come and see you!"

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

HEY GUESS WHAT!?

I got a text from an elder!!!

What do you reckon? Did he enquire about my spiritual health? Offer spiritual assistance? Ask if there was anything he could do to help since we have been MIA for more than a month?

No.

The text read, and I quote: "Did I get your time for last month?"

Can you feeeeeeeel the love!?

• Listener
    Listener

Numbers, stats, reports and forms seems to have overshadowed their real responsibilities. Maybe their heart isn't really in it anymore.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Happy Apostaversary for the 13th Winston and Mrs....sorry Im late! What an achievement

So elders texting you about time? HOW loving and concerned he sounds....NOT., Text back and give him a quote for car insurance....... or maybe a PPI claim at the very least it will confound him for 2 minutes about who he sent the text too....

Take Care Mrs & Mrs WS x

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Listener: Very true my friend. The focus on numbers is more and more evident with each printed magazine, Kingdom Ministry, and meeting. So sad that numbers take precedent over love and compassion. Jesus said his yoke would be light and kind, yet the measurement of the sheep and the rating of their value based on these numbers is far from light or kind. For shame.

Pams Girl: Awesome to hear from you :-) Hard to believe it has been more than a year since we began this journey together. I honestly laughed out loud when I got that text from that elder. No questions about where we have been or if we are okay, nope, just straight on to the numbers. Gotta get those numbers in no matter what the cost! It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic that these guys are allegedly appointed by holy spirit to look after God's sheep.

But hey, we always try and look at the positive. We'd rather have it this way than gettig spammed with stalkers.

Long may it continue!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Do you fake FS time now Winston, or tell them 0 hours ? Just wondering, because becoming officially "inactive" triggers the old "shep" calls, but has the advantage that after six months you begin to drop off the radar.

My method was to go inactive and put off every attempt at a Shepherding call, which worked until an Elder said he could come and see me any time day or night, week or weekend, the old "too busy" excuse didn't get past that one !

He promised to return and build my faith in the 1914 doctrine, the reason I stopped preaching, but he never returned. I stopped Meetings a month or two later.

A "Fade Accompli " !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit