The New Diary of Winston Smith

by WinstonSmith 336 Replies latest jw experiences

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hello Pickler, I appreciate you taking the time to read through. It has been quite therapeutic to write down things as they've been happening. It becomes easier to see the weird when you are putting pen to paper!

1984 was a great read, thoroughly enjoyed it. That and Animal Farm when read in the context of life as a JW are quite profound.

Stay cool bro B-)

• Pickler
    Pickler

They sure are! Im about due for a re-read, By the way, I'm cool, and a girl!!

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Ooooooh the anonymity of the internet strikes again, my apologies sis!

Somewhere here on JWN I wrote a thread with a comparison between the events of Animal Farm and life as a JW. You might enjoy having a read through it.

Keep in touch !

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hey there, how's it going?

How was your day? Got any cool plans for the week?

• Listener
    Listener

We just got back from a holiday in Hong Kong. It is such an interesting and stimulating place to visit. The pollution/smog is shocking and is really a statement as to how far man is prepared to go to achieve it's own goals.

Last time we saw JWs handing out mags in some walkways of Hong Kong. This time we saw one of their new magazines stands just outside the China Ferry terminal. What really struck me as pathetice was a middle aged lady holding up a sign with the JWs web address. It is shameful how the sheepies will just follow the instructions issued from headquarters in promoting their organisation. But really, what if everyone else stood out on the streets holding up signs with web addresses on it? It is really corny.

If I had thought of it at the time I would have approached them and asked if they are adivising Chinese of possible legal reprecussions if they were to take the WT publications into China.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Wow Listener, Hong Kong!

Mrs Smith and I would love to explore Asia, and HK is pretty high on the list. We'll get there one day!

I think this new idea of setting up a stand and holding up mags or signs is just pathetic. I have seen some in our city and they just look like any other religion with their little card table set up, waving their wares, and smiling desperately at passers by. We have the Muslims, the Scientologists, and some Hillsong looking people doing the same thing. It's probably an easy way to get time in, but leaves them wide open to be approached by weirdos. The only thing worse I could think of would be marching through the street wearing sandwich boards.

Shudder.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Simple Truths - Part One

Galatians 2:21 -

"I do not shove aside the undeserved kindnes of God; for if righteousness is through law, Christ actually died for nothing."

Jesus didn't give his followers lots of laws, and did away with the Mosaic Law. Christian life should be based on love and not hundreds of rules.

The WTS has proven through it's history that it does not align with what Jesus taught via his word and example. Jesus taught that love should be the motivating factor in all we do, and will lead to our salvation. The WTS teaches that compliance with their myriad of ever-changing rules is what leads to salvation.

2 Corinthians 3:6 - "....the written code condemns to death, but the spirit makes alive"

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Great article in The Age newspaper. Its promise of more in the printed version tomorrow has me intrigued!

http://www.theage.com.au/national/jehovahs-witnesses-a-cruel-cult-20130315-2g5x3.html

Interesting that the WT lawyer is quoted as saying that he "dismissed the allegations and said shunning was a"myth." "

JW.org on the other hand says: "If, however, a baptized Witness makes a practice of breaking the Bible’s moral code and does not repent, he or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped."

WOOPS!

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

So, after driving around to several places, I finally got my hands on a copy of the paper! Oh boy. Its a full one pager with an extra two columns on the following page. This link here is the same article that has appeared in the paper:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/slamm ... 2g6fo.html

All of the people interviewed are exJWs which will mean JWs will write it off as bitterness and sour grapes. The only JW interviewed was Toole. Again we see deception from him. He says shunning is a myth then he shows the writer the FAQ section of JW.org as proof. What he has shown is the opening paragraph which says that those who have drifted away are not shunned. He ignores the following paragraph in the FAQ section that clearly states that those who willingly break "God's" law are shunned.

Hopefully it will get people on the inside asking questions, especially about the two witness rule which is mentioned in the article, and how this applies even for sexual abuse claims. Maybe even non-JWs who read it might ask the next JW who comes to their door about it, which might lead to the JW asking more questions.

Most JWs will write it off as either apostate (this word is even used in the opening sentences) or as hurt feelings by those who have 'left Jehovah' and been interviewed.

In fact here is the gist of a text exchange I'm in the middle of with a brother in our congregation. I texted him the link this morning and said "Wow, keep this in mind if you are out in field this morning." His response was to say "It sounds like the start of persecution!" I asked he thought it was weird that what the WT lawyer said didn't match up with what is on JW.org. "Must be a misquote, typical media" was his reply. We then talked about some other things, and then he says "I'm not going to look at that article, it sounds apostate." I just said that I would read so I know what it's about if someone brings it up while we are out witnessing.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"I'm not going to look at that article, it sounds apostate."

Oh yeah, now the newspapers are even apostate!

What a maroon.

Just paranoia and fear.

Seriously, no critical thinking going on in that little noggin', absolutely none. Typical JW, probably an elder.

Thanks for sharing Winston.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit