The New Diary of Winston Smith

by WinstonSmith 336 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

Wow ...a good look inside the mind huh? Funny how they dash in suddenly

to your wife and cut you right out of the herd!

>

If someone had told me long ago, that this society could program minds so thoroughly,

so slanted to their purposes, but against the individual's happines & advantage,

I would never have believed it!

Imagine ..."Godbye brother!" ........ OMG ! Foolish, foolish people!

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Whoops should read "Goodbye"

u have a pm Winston

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hey there Clarity, thanks for your messages!

Here is another glimpse inside the mind of a JW:

This morning I sent a message each to two friends that got DF'd at different times last year. We were really good mates and we have always felt bad that we followed the rules and not our hearts when it all went down. They have moved on and have their own lives now, but both of them accepted my friend requests on Facebook within 20 minutes and we have spent the afternoon texting and messaging. Its been flippin' great to reconnect. Its like no time has passed at all and we have picked up where we left off.

One of them subsequently sent a Facebook friend request to Mrs Smith. We hummed and haaed about whether she should accept it as on FB people can see when you make new connections and according to what we have told people Mrs Smith is still 'in'. Then we were like "This kind of thinking is the JWs controlling us, and we are done with that" so Mrs Smith accepted the request.

Get this: She accepted the friend request at 6:06 and at 6:13 she got a text message from a sister saying "Did you just become friends with X on Facebook? She's still disfellowshipped isn't she?"

Mrs Smith hasn't replied, and won't. Maybe Mrs Smith just being inactive won last as long as we thought....oh well :-)

• tornapart
    tornapart

Winston.. could your wife hide her friend list? Then only mutual friends will be able to see each other and if she befriends anyone else it won't show on her timeline. In the friend box there's a little pencil that is highlighted in the top right corner. If she clicks it she can choose the privacy settings from it.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Tornapart: You are a legend! Thanks for that, we have now hidden her friends list.

FAB

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Winston, I appreciated your reply to Sister T.

Your assessment is accurate, but sad. It's one of the most powerful tricks of deception on the part of the WT leadership the way they are able to get people to believe that loyalty to the organization is equivalent to loyalty to God.

For all intents and purposes the organization IS Jehovah in the minds of the typical JW.

If you were to ask a JW, "Is the organization equal to God?" they would of course say, "No!" and look at you like you were crazy for asking. But their actions belie that response.

They simply canNOT fathom that a person could leave THE ORGANIZATION and still be LOYAL TO and SERVING GOD.

Once we wake up and see it for what it is it is truly bizarre to observe, but then we have to remember that at one time we were the same as they are now.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Right on the money as usual Oubliette! Sadly the WTS is very good at what they do. They have wriggled their way in between the people and Jesus. "Jesus is the way, and the truth, and the light, yes! And we are the way to Jesus!" Rinse, repeat.

I thought this was interesting from yesterday: When I sent friend requests to my two mates (who we will call Kevin and James) the response was interesting. After a year and a half of no contact, Kevin accepted my request within 20 minutes and sent me a message that said "Hi Winston your friend request was a surprise. I hope everything is okay?" and then about a minute later "OMG I just read your message! Are you serious? You just made my day!" And from there were blabbed all afternoon.

Remember when I sent my message to my JW frieds on Facebook, and they silently unfriended me? Well, here is someone who has been out of contact for a long time, and their first thought, before they even read the reason for my message, was "are you okay?"

Good to know who your real friends are.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

JW Logic 101

The class is now in session.

Mrs Smith: I thought it was really rude that people deleted Winston from Facebook without even saying anything to him or trying to help him.

JW: Well 1 Corinthians 5:11 says we should not have company with DA'd people.

Mrs Smith: The scripture doesn't say that at all. It says you should quit mixing with a brother who is a fornicator, reviler (etc) Winston has done none of things.

JW: Actually yes, you are right that does not apply to Winston, sorry. But he has rejected God's organisation so that's why we should cut him off.

Engage facepalm mode.

• clarity
    clarity

Winston .......

Good to know who your real friends are.

It sure is! A bit surprising sometimes tho.

>

clarity

• tornapart
    tornapart

You're welcome Winston... glad it worked!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit