CO says "WE ARE NOW AT THE THRESHOLD OF THE THE GREAT TRIBULATION!"

by nowwhat? 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Kaik many of even the most faithful are begining to contradict the circuit-overseers behind their back because they don't believe the "End is just around the corner". I was talking with a few Witnesses who are in the late Sixties, they were saying they could never retire because they don't have enough money and did not put enough money in the Social Security program here because they did lots of work under-the-table by evading taxes.

They complain how this System does not have the generous benefits for those on the Public Dole like Denmark and Sweden do, the government housing, the government food allowance for the poor and the $30,000 poverty checks some of the Nordic Countries have for people who did not have any savings. The Watchtower could smuggle all the JWs in to those countries and hold out until the End comes, sounds like a good deal!

Ray Franz Jr. and his story about the Asian woman who refused to have her leg fixed because "1975 would usher in God's Kingdom" should have woken up more people than it did. These liars always say "Its so good God did not bring the End back than because many of you would not be alive, he would have zapped you all!" I tire of their lies and how many lives they ruin by making smart people work jobs best suited for people with no brain power, just a thought.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just stop and think of this for a minute:

It is ALWAYS nearing the "end of the world".....

• steve2
    steve2
    Willfully blind people "see" only what they need to see to protect their faith and they ignore or discount anything else that contradicts it. A mentality like that is oblivious to the passage of time and more invested in having one's cherished beliefs proven right than in testing those beliefs. Wilful blindness is an essential ingredient in the preservation of falsehoods, whether promulgated by big religions or small.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Everyday is a day nearer to................................our own demise.

Don't waste another day listening the BS peddled by this cult!

• DJS
    DJS

All that is required to believe is to feel. The Dark Lords are employing a very old and effective strategy to keep the rank and file hooked. They have systematically discouraged and discontinued serious biblical discussions, both inside and outside of the KH. Thinking and researching didn't work out so well for them.

Expect more of the same. They wouldn't dare to return to a thinking/knowledge based Borganization now considering the world wide web. Appealing to emotions and desires is all they got.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well said Steve2

Thats why people who were JWS or IBSA under guidance from C T Russell 100 years ago were saying exactly what this CO was saying in his talk.

Press on with belief and avoid the truth contained in reality.

Much of this proclamation that the end is near and we are living in the last days etc. had much to do

with the proliferation of the WTS own published goods, whether one agrees to that is up to each individual

mind you.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    Basically they don't care how wrong their religion is as long as it makes them happy? I knew only a few Witnesses who were actually happy, the rest thought the people or congregation was not very nice.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Back in the 1970's people in my Hall, including my own family were really up on the year 1975 , well what do expect when your brought up in this religion from birth.

It was a year or two after 1975 that I started to realize that there was a fraud afoot, that this calculation was imposable (6000 years of man's existence) . My suspicions were confirmed not long ago by realizing that the WTS had previously used this calculating scheme 60 years before 1975. What a con job they pulled on everyone particularly F Franz and N Knorr, the top dogs of the WTS at the time.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

DJS term "The Dark lords' is appropriate, they are Sith lords trying to use the Dark Side to keep people shackled by fear, this religion run by all the Storm Troopers and little Darth Vader using their force-grip fear "The End is So Soon!" "Were up on 100 Years Since 1914, Don't You Understand How Lucky You Are to Know the Truth while the World is going to Die!

Their a broken record using religion as a tax-shelter for a few men to live like gods!

• kaik
    kaik

Unfortunately, my mom did not plan for retirement, has not savings, so she is surprised to have 80 years knocking on her door. 40 years ago my JW aunt and her extensive family insisted that Armageddon will be just behind the corner. Thanks that my mom worked for 40 years and she gets good pension; and I paid her house off, so she does not have any housing expenses except utilities. I know JWs at her age group, who are totally depended on social welfare and charity because they do not have sufficient social security credits, and no savings. This is in Europe where the social nest is a bit good. I also know several old JWs who use Catholic charity for food deliveries, otherwise, they would starve and live on very low food minimum. My mom tells me regularly that some of her peers envy her stable pension and complain that she worked instead putting Jehovah on first place. Last year elderette attacked my mom for putting only $5 dollars per week into KH fund and she told her that she could afford to put more.

It would be interesting to see how many JWs live in poverty and below minimum earnings in industrialized countries. In the Czech Republic they have the LOWEST education level from all questioned religious groups in decennial censuses. Low education comes hand to hand with poverty. I am not sure how is it in the Western Europe or Northern America, but in ex-communist block these people are on the bottom of social ladder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit