CO says "WE ARE NOW AT THE THRESHOLD OF THE THE GREAT TRIBULATION!"

by nowwhat? 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

40-50 years after saying "armegeddon is right around the corner" we are now making progress!!!

gotta have a sense of humor to deal with this stuff.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

CO says "WE ARE NOW AT THE THRESHOLD OF THE THE GREAT TRIBULATION!"

Yeah that's what they said 50 years ago

• hoser
    hoser
    One co said a few years ago that Armageddon is so close we can smell it. I'm smelling something but it ain't no Armageddon.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Oh shit the WTS was saying that 100 years ago.

Got to keep people in a complacent state of fear or they'll start to loose some followers,

not to mention its good BS to put on the front cover of magazines to make them more attractive

to the public.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    "It's closer than the inside of your pants!"
  • steve2
    steve2
    The Watchtower was saying that in 1879 - make that over 135 years ago. Next.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No wonder the WTS watches their members so closely, they want to see who will undermined their lying bullshit .

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

My strong recommendation is not to buy any green bananas. That is how close we are at the end of this system.

But then again, I forgot to ask who is the king of the north? Who will turn against Babylon the Great? When and How? There are so many things I am looking forward to as we progress towards this ending date. I think my green bananas will ripen.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Interesting is it not that people you see standing on street corners with mental problems say the same thing ???

• blondie
    blondie

Almost every year the WTS teases the faithful...my aunt, mother, uncle have all died without crossing over...told all their life they would never see death.

*** w06 5/15 p. 5 God’s Purpose for the Earth—Soon to Be Fulfilled ***

We are now on the threshold of a new world promised by Jehovah God. “

*** w04 10/15 p. 17 par. 12 “Go About in the Land” ***

Having traveled from Egypt to Mount Sinai and then 170 miles [270 km] to Kadesh, they were as if on the doorstep of the Promised Land. In our case, we are on the threshold of the promised earthly Paradise.

*** w03 10/15 p. 6 How Can You Make Wise Decisions? ***

We are on the threshold of that new world. Will you enter to enjoy everlasting life on earth under God’s Kingdom? Or will you be removed from the earth when Satan’s system is eliminated?

*** w01 2/1 p. 9 par. 4 Have You Made the Truth Your Own? ***

How does Satan use this tactic today? If we neglect our Bible reading, our personal study, our prayers, and our Christian ministry and meetings, we may leave ourselves open to doubts raised by others. For example: “How do we know that this is the truth as Jesus taught it?” “Are these really the last days? After all, we are already in the 21st century.” “Are we on the threshold of Armageddon, or is it a long way off?” If such doubts should arise, what can we do to remove them?

*** w00 1/15 p. 7 God’s Prophetic Word Gives Hope for the Future ***

Yes, we stand at the very threshold of the fulfillment of Jehovah’s decree against Satan and his entire wicked system.

*** w97 7/15 p. 19 par. 17 Are You Pursuing Virtue? ***

Today, Jehovah’s people stand at the threshold of the righteous new world.

*** w83 3/1 p. 8 Is There a Way out of Unhappiness? ***

The difficult time all faithful Christians are now having is soon to end, for we are rapidly approaching a new, happy era. We are on the threshold of “a new heaven and a new earth.” (Revelation 21:1-4) What a cause for happiness!

*** w70 4/1 p. 208 par. 2 Building Disciples Having the Quality of Endurance ***

Since mankind is entering a most crucial period of history, qualities for survival are most urgently needed. We are fifty-five years into the Biblically foretold “time of the end” for this system of things, and the world stands at the very threshold of a “great tribulation” culminating in Armageddon, “the war of the great day of God the Almighty.” (Rev. 16:14, 16; 19:11-21) Endurance will be needed to survive this system of things and the war of Armageddon.

*** w60 8/15 p. 508 par. 21 Watch Yourself, for You Are Being Watched! ***

We are at the very threshold of Armageddon when Jehovah is about to destroy this satanic old world and everyone conducting himself according to its wicked standards

*** w50 10/1 p. 355 par. 20 “Droop Not Your Hands” ***

And now in this “time of the end”, when we are at the threshold of the new world, he has gathered us to his organization in fulfillment of his promise: “I will gather them that sorrow for the solemn assembly, who were of thee; to whom the burden upon her was a reproach. Behold, at that time I will deal with all them that afflict thee; and I will save that which was lame, and gather that which was driven away; and I will make them a praise and a name, whose shame hath been in all the earth.”—Zeph. 3:18, 19, AS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit