CO says "WE ARE NOW AT THE THRESHOLD OF THE THE GREAT TRIBULATION!"

by nowwhat? 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    Hahahaha nearly spat my coffee all over the laptop just reading the title!
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

CO says "WE ARE NOW AT THE THRESHOLD OF THE THE GREAT TRIBULATION!"

Eden

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut
    Could it be an overlapping threshold?
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Those who heard the announcements from the society 30 years ago that the GT was close overlaps with those who WILL see the GT start...promise.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I think Sauerkraut is on to something.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

we've already survived a great tribulation haven't we ?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So expanding on this dumb-ass expression, when I hear them say "the threshold" it makes me think of the old tradition of a groom carrying his new wife "over the threshold" of their house before their marriage is "consummated"....

In the case of Witnesses though, it is the GB who carry the gullible over the "threshold" and "screw" them senseless!

• snugglebunny
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Shortly after I stopped attending an Elder berated me for doing so,saying, "you know the End is so near", I asked him "How near ?", he would not commit (sensibly) so I said "Do you believe say, within 20 years ?", he said "Yes, of course".

I said "O.K, sell me all your assets, your whole worth, for £1, not to be collected for 21 full years".

He wouldn't do it ! I would now be about 14 years away from collecting.

• cha ching
    cha ching

All of you add into the reality of it all.... I think the "gamblers" addiction is very true, never thought of it... "one more spin, and I win!" and all your money, life, time is gone... "one more piece of new light, and we'll understand!"

and Poker PlayerPhil/ Blondie! Thanks for bringing this up! Never thought about that! Why WERE the Jews wandering for 40 years! What did the JW's do to make THEM "wander"? Right! Stop, and think.

*** it-1 p. 635 Disgusting Thing, also Loathsome Thing ***

But 33 years after Jesus’ death, Christians did “catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation . . . standing in a holy place.” (Mt 24:15) In 66 C.E. pagan Roman armies surrounded “the holy city” Jerusalem, now the center of Jewish revolt against Rome. Thus, the ‘causing of desolation’ by the disgusting thing was imminent, and so this was the final signal for discerning Christians to ‘flee to the mountains.’ (Mt 4:5; 27:53; 24:15, 16; Lu 19:43, 44; 21:20-22) Following their flight, the desolation of the city and nation occurred, Jerusalem being destroyed in the year 70 C.E., and the last Jewish stronghold, Masada, falling to the Romans in 73 C.E.—Compare Da 9:25-27.

(Matthew 24:34) 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.

The WT wants you to believe two things at the same time, this creates cognitive dissonance.

1. It was a short time, less than 40 years... (This is more like what the Bible uses for a generation) before Jerusalem was destroyed, and Jesus used this as an illustration/ warning for our days.

2. Jesus also mentioned Noah, so now this "short time" is 120 years.

This isn't the first time in history people have done this.....

(Micah 3:9) 9 Hear, please, this, YOU head ones of the house of Jacob and YOU commanders of the house of Israel, the ones detesting justice and the ones who make even everything that is straight crooked;

11 Her own head ones judge merely for a bribe, and her own priests instruct just for a price, and her own prophets practice divination simply for money; yet upon Jehovah they keep supporting themselves, saying: “Is not Jehovah in the midst of us?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit