CO says "WE ARE NOW AT THE THRESHOLD OF THE THE GREAT TRIBULATION!"

by nowwhat? 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sauerkrout - "Could it be an overlapping threshold?"

That might buy them a little more time from the R&F.

• steve2
    steve2

One often unrecognized factor that keeps people hanging on - not dissimilar to the gambler's dilemma - is the significant investments people have made to remain in the organization.

To "wake up" after decades of commitment - or take it to the step of actually leaving - is for many traumatic because of all that they "failed" to do to ensure their later years would be of a reasonable standard with very little, if any savings. Moreover, they may have depended on the generosity of others in the organization for accommodation (which is another factor that keeps people "in" - feeling indebted to other Witnesses.

I am not surprised that long-time Witnesses stay in. I am surprised however, when I hear that long-time Witnesses muster the wherewithal to leave. That's truly courageous!

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    I heard the same trash back in 1974, not one of my favorite periods of my life because the Watchtower's inciting to fear and terror caused not only me but many of my friends many nightmares normal children should not have to experience!
  • Splash
    Splash

We've heard the same going back to 1883!
    Here are three more extracts to compliment Blondies earlier:

w1883 October p.2 - Now we are just at the threshold of the age of glory.

w1908 January 1st p.6 - Thus we find ourselves at the threshold of what we believe to be the last seven years of this Gospel dispensation.

(7 years later):
    w1915 January 15th p.29 - And now we realize that we stand on the threshold of the Kingdom, and that possibly our next report will not be to Brooklyn, but to Headquarters beyond the veil.

• dozy
    dozy

I suppose the whole purpose of the CO's talk is to try to keep everyone motivated. We had one who seemed to delight in using numerous analogies - "we are in the toe nails of the image" , " the referees just put his whistle to his mouth to blow it" , "we are on the "B" of Bang from the starters pistol" etc etc. Every final talk of his visit he always said " Perhaps I shouldn't really be mentioning this brothers , but the Governing Body are indicating that Armaggedon is really really close now" as if it was some kind of secret he was sharing with us.

Sadly that was over 30 years ago. The guy is now dead ( and so are many in the congregation that he motivated with his comments. )

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Well put this threshold in the 'Guinness book of world records' for being the biggest widest and longest lasting threshold in the history of man.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Brokeback Watchtower - "Well put this threshold in the 'Guinness book of world records' for being the biggest widest and longest lasting threshold in the history of man."

Wouldn't be the first record the WTS has set (albeit unofficially).

• WTDeserter
    WTDeserter
    Haven't heard of Overlapping Thresholds™ yet?
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    The last CO visit he said "We are past the threshold of the Great Tribulation", this was eight months ago, can you clarify what he's talking about because my tiny brain can't grasp deep JW Apologetics, what does "Past the Threshold" mean, please help!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

what does "Past the Threshold" mean, please help!

It means we are going to incite fear into any stupid naive person we can find to keep these

people in submission and devoted to the organization, which a lot of men have acquired power and money

and they want to keep that power and money for their own sustaining subsistence.

This is all Jehovah approved of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit