They will be DFing me soon for apostasy...

by RayPublisher 150 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Once they finished explaining why they DFed me in about 10 minutes or so, I then read John 16:2-4 about how Jesus said that they would expel you form the synagogues and kill you and imagine that they had rendered a sacred service.
    Then I prayed aloud for the three brothers, asking that Jehovah forgive them for stoning me. The chairman tried to stop me at first but I continued to pray and he quieted down. I asked that God help me not to have hatred in my heart for these men because they have been misled by the Watchtower Corporation.
    And that was it. I am free, I am at peace, and have a lot to do in the cause...Like post all these videos of the whole trial!

I'm impressed with how you handled this and the calm you displayed. You were respectful and probably have made an impact on each one of them. You've left an impression and information. You've left a perspective that will haunt them. Will it help them out of the org one day? Who knows, but I'm sure you've left some cracks in their armor.

Now, how will you handle the announcement?

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

You have way more courage than I. Great job!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Ms. FlyingHighNow - I have definitely entertained your idea of taking a bow and dancing a jig down the aisle...which actually has a certain appeal for me as I am a natural born ham and could easily do it with a smile.

BUT, I do not think it would help the cause and ultimately would be a display of disrespect during their meeting, in their place of worship, and that does not sit well with my morality and conscience. (golden rule and all lol)

I thought about standing up and making a brief statement also, in a loud voice...but again I feel that it's about something bigger than me and my little local location and my little "statement".

It's about freedom of worship, and oppresion, and mind control, and how we can free 7 million+ people from the WT cult...one person at a time if necessary!

@Mercedes29 - Don't say that! You have it too, we all do.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ray, you sure went out with bravery. Good job.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Then I prayed aloud for the three brothers, asking that Jehovah forgive them for stoning me. The chairman tried to stop me at first but I continued to pray and he quieted down. I asked that God help me not to have hatred in my heart for these men because they have been misled by the Watchtower Corporation.

Nice work Ray. There's something quite inspiring about the way you did that . . . you spoke in language they could relate to. Offering prayer forced them to listen without interruptions . . . who can prevent a man from praying? (especially when it is on their behalf?). You didn't relinquish the moral high ground (as they see it) to them and rightly so . . . it doesn't belong to them.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I've just caught up with this Ray/Eric and watched your YouTube video just before your JC. You have my admiration and best wishes. Well done indeed. I look forward to seeing the video of your JC. Your work will be of such benefit to so many.

Loz x

• jemba
    jemba

Awesome work Eric. Looking forward to the JC. I agree, I think you are brave. During my JC at 21 I sat there like a meek little mouse and the elders enjoyed every moment of their perverted sexual questioning. Ill never give those power hungry freaks that kind of control again.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Eric, great job. You're FREE now. Free to pursue the path or worship(or not) that fits your beliefs and conscience.

And have a or a and know that we here at JWN are for you.

• Etude
    Etude

RayPublisher:

Wow, man. You have some major guacamoles! What I mean is that you went in with significant resolve and immovable intent. Many people would have walked away or not attended, as some recommended to you. Yet, your knowledge and sincerity didn't allow them to "get away with it", in a sense. I can see how an ordinary man full of conviction can accomplish extraordinary things. It may not seem extraordinary to most outsiders who don't realize how daunting it is to address that type of "Star Chamber" in a subtle and non-adversarial manner. It takes a lot of will to combat the years of fear and awe such a confrontation makes many Jehovah's Witnesses feel.

Whether the members of the committee that placed you in judgement admit it or not or whether they actually feel it or not, the very act of summoning you to their presence is an act of power and control. I'm so glad you stood up to them and addressed them with their own weapons. I hope you address your wife (ex-wife?) in the same manner. If she's going to accuse you, have her put up. Without evidence (unless she gets people to lie for her), she can't actually ascertain abuse. It will end up a he-said-she-said situation.

I really do hope the best for you because it's obvious that, in spite of what's transpired, you maintain a good heart. I hope you don't confuse forgiveness with doing everything you can to expose them and stop them. I mean that in a personal sense, because it's obvious that by publicizing this event as you have, you're already doing what you can let the world know.

I thank you for what you've presented and for your courage and I hope the very best healing for you especially in the recognition that the very thing that allowed you to remain with the WTBTS for so many years, your sense of spirituality, is still vital and in need, even without the Bible.

• JWB
    JWB

JJ, I've just finished watching video parts 1-3 of your tribunal. Thank you for having the courage to go along to meet with the WT representatives even though you didn't have to.

You have provided a two-fold service: (1) Documentary evidence of how these tribunals work, and (2) given others a 'witness' concerning TTATT. You have also provided those WT representatives some much needed info which hopefully may help at least one of them to take notice. Maybe I'm wrong in my observations, but the younger man to your left looked to me as if he was quite absorbed in what you had to say.

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the tribunal proceedings.

You can give yourself a huge pat on the back for letting your 'light shine'!

All the best,
    JWB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit