They will be DFing me soon for apostasy...

by RayPublisher 150 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Gee, if reasoning alone could do it, we could empty the Kingdom Halls tomorrow. I like Steve Hassan's picture of two persons imprisoned inside the cultist; the natural person and the put-on personality. Scare or antagonize the cult personality, and they will fight you to their last brain cell. And there won't be many working at that point. All you will get is the rehashed doctrine repeated ad nauseum.

If you can address a person naturally, they may hear you.

I think this is what makes a JC a lose-lose proposition. There may be an elder in a receptive mood, but the cultic majority will always dominate. All you can hope for is a seed of doubt to be planted, to bear fruit who knows when? You certainly won't win any "argument".

Who wants to lob words at one another? I'd rather be heard.

• Elephant
    Elephant

So simple isn't it .... scripture does not say comes AGAIN!

Thanks Elephant for that eye opener!

-

no clarity, it does not...

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@jgnat - My JC was not a lose-lose at all, but that is only my personal experience. I feel that in letting my light shine before men and in pointing out the many errors and problems in the cult it might help others to see them too.

Also, it was empowering to be able to actually speak the truth to these men, not in anger but in a cathartic way and just tell them what I have learned and what I know to be true.

@Elephant - You are destined to become very popular here on JW.net--- I CAN FEEL IT!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

@Elephant - You are destined to become very popular here on JW.net--- I CAN FEEL IT!

Perhaps for all the wrong reasons...

DATA-DOG

• OPUSDEI
    OPUSDEI

Hi Ray: We should have pain and sorry for the elders. They are just puppets of the goberning body. They have to work hard in the congregation, but they are not following exactly what Christ is demanding for them. We are not justifyed by works. They ignore that, because they think that they must to follow the governing body instructions, which according to them, come from Jehovah. The same happened during the days of Martin Luter with the Catholic Church. This is why I think that Raymond's books are necessary readings for all Jehovah's Witnesses in order to discard the unnecessary legalisms in the Society. It may happen if we improve to propagate the lies of the governing body.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Data-Dog - You think?

@OPUSDEI - You said it bro- that's exactly it.

• OPUSDEI
    OPUSDEI

Ray: show to your elders the Olin Moyle and the Walter Salter letters to Rutherford, and ask them: Do you believe in the doctrines that drunk guy invented?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

OpusDei, I never read those letters before!!! Wow...

Here's the link I found to the Walter Salter letter: http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/walter-salters-letter-to-j-f.html

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

It's funny you mention that bc I did tell them that I researched old court documents about when Rutherford was sued and also discivered he a chronic alcoholic and libeler.

• OPUSDEI
    OPUSDEI

Ray: You should also read what were the Rutherford's answers for that letters. I can give you all the documents I collected. After showing to my sister those letters with their respective Watchtower answers, my sister, who is an old faithful witness was shocked and now she is studying again all the Bible in order to check which Watchtower teaching is scriptural and which is not. She is very disappointed, because I showed her the false teachings of the Finished Mystery and how the Proclaimer's book hides it by saying that this book was a success. You can show to your elders these facts and they could not give you an asnwer because it destroys the credibility of the governing body.

Also, you can tell to your elders: "I don't believe in the organization because I am an orthodox Watchtower believer", so they will ask you : "How could it be?", so you must quote brother Russell who said: "beware of organization, it is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others' consciences.." (Watchtower September 15, 1895, page 216).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit