5 Reasons Why the DEAF Masturbation Video is different than anything before...

by BluePill2 241 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Glander!!..

The WBT$ didn`t do that guy any favours..

He`s friggin Famous now..

He`s going to be laughed at everywhere he goes..

Super markets/Gas stations/Field service..

Not even the Kingdom Hall will be safe for him..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Thanks EE: as you've noted, I don't hold back against JW nonsense, but I also am not a believer in shot-gunning, throwing out flak, and seeing what sticks. As you know, it's better to choose ones battles wisely, and this seems like low-yield, but there's also been some valid points raised. I'm just trying to be fair and balanced (just like Fox, lol)

Heres something worth looking at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_masturbation

Note how almost all major religions take a dim view on masturbation: JWs are not exactly out of the mainstream here (as they are with blood transfusion, etc) as they're in step with Catholicism, Muslims, Jews, Mormons, etc. All also discourage masturbation as being 'carnal' and not spiritually-minded, as a weakness of the flesh (and the controlling opinion here I'd think would be Jesus' own words about looking at a woman with lust in your mind is the same as sleeping with her, AKA thought-policing).

Sure, the video is graphic, but that's a beef best taken up with ASL Institute, not WTBTS. We had a recent news story about a 3 yr old deaf kid (Hunter) where the school district wanted him to change his name, since the sign violated their threatening gesture policy. That quickly backfired on them, as the ACLU threatened to sue them if Hunter's ADA rights were threatened...

Just saying I can't see this as gaining traction (pun intended), but it's not really up to us here: it'll take a life of its own, being on the Internet. My point though is that all the JWs would need to do is put out a short video explaining why it was made, with their team of deaf interpreters and a couple of deaf JWs defending them as WT showing support for the deaf JW community, and denouncing the critics as meanies who are picking on them; the anti-video campaigners are left dead in the water, looking like a bunch of insensitive boorish oafs. Just saying, it's playing with dynamite....

Fwiw, I have two JW family members who sign at conventions, KH, etc. I haven't gotten their take on it, but maybe I'll ask them next time I see them, to see what the scuttlebutt is on the inside.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Aha! Thank's Cedars! I tried to post the link at least 20 times, but it did not work. I was close to get a bit violent on my computer keyboard! :-)

Now I know why I did not work!

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

By the way, Cedars...I hope she (Santara) now is cmpletely sure of what kind of guys it was that were "making fun of God"!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

PS blue pill, where'd you get this:

" Many of the commenters didn't knew that a deaf person can't read regular written words."

• Iamallcool
  • cedars
    cedars

lamallcool - I didn't know that, but it actually makes quite a bit of sense. She seemed quite insecure in her comments. I hope I've given her something to think about!

Cedars

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Thank's Lamallcool! Important information!

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

King Solomon: you can read it up in the Youtube comments, where others explain this. Also some of the links direct to other websites where people explain this to each other (Google search will give you plenty of Forums where the discussion is past the initial "LOL, Faces and Wankers", now it gets to a whole new level of: WHY? WHY? ex-JW chiming in and more. Good stuff. Well worth to stick around.

Cedars: Your discussions on Youtube > Top notch, well balanced. Better than many JW commenters.

For what its worth (you are right King Solomon, sometimes you don't have the "luxury" of using the most "elegant" "weapons" - anyway, this was NOT a low blow created by ex-JW. Mind you, this was created by THEMSELF and someone picked it up and "Oopps" it ended up on the bad, bad Internet, the rest is history.

I should add a SIXTH REASON why this video is so important!

6. Never before has a video created such intense reactions from Witnesses AGAINST something that the "Faithful Slave" has produced. Some of them calling this "crap" and "the brothers" IDIOTS! They are turning against "the mother". If they don't know that it comes from the Society > negative reactions -normal human behaviour with their OWN thinking processes still intact (or it seems so! Once they know: "OMG, its from US!!!" > Panic settles in and they change their opinion (therefore showing that they don't have their own opinion).

The most interesting aspect, from a psychological standpoint (AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS STUDIED by someone versed in Psychology/Sociology):

Step 1: Limited Dub goes onto Youtube - watches Video, screams: "YOU PIGS, this is NOT FROM US"

Step 2: Goes on to check the facts.

Step 3: Comes back (never apologizes to the "stupid wordly folks"!!!!) and starts defending in front of the masses whatever he bashed ONLY ONE HOUR ago! Then ends the discussion with: by the way, we are NOT A CULT! Obvious for everybody else that they JUST showed BEST CULT BEHAVIOUR, and STILL denying it. It is unbelievable - and GOOD STUFF!

I read a couple of discussions like the aforementioned one in a Brazilian Forum. The Cognitive Dissonance in REAL LIVE action, viewable, measurable by everyone - only not by the poor dub that now has to create mental Yoga to defend whatever he disliked.

WOW. JUST WOW!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Rotfl!!!!! Omt outlaw that is f***in hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have that image burned in my head now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit