wts made a video about masturbation IN SIGN LANGUAGE, WITH GESTURES

by rebel8 293 Replies latest members adult

• jeanpicard
    jeanpicard

Okay, time for me to finally post. I'll probably share my full story soon in another post, but briefly: I'm a JW in an American Sign Language congregation, and I've grown up around the Deaf.

This video is 100 percent accurate as far as American Sign Language is concerned. There is no other way to talk about this subject. Many people don't realize, but Deaf culture is far more open about sex than other cultures tend to be, and the Watchtower recognizes this. I've actually seen Witnesses join Sign Language congregations only to leave when they realized how vulgar a language it can be. It makes many people uncomfortable.

I don't post this to defend the Watchtower's views on masturbation or sex, which views I disagree with; I only post to explain that there's actually nothing disturbing or disgusting about this video from a Deaf person's perspective, whether or not he's a JW.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

As uncomfortable as this subject might be, deaf people need to know this because it would be terrible for them to end up being blind as well as deaf.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Did anyone bother to look up the scriptures that were flashed on the screen? The ones in Palms were especially pertinent.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Welcome to the board, JeanPicard, I am myself deaf. Scott77 is also deaf.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

BTW, I agree with JeanPicard.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I know a lot of deaf JWs and I never saw them talk about this subject like this. Maybe they did on their own but never in front of me. Maybe we Canadians are a tad more discrete in mixed company and inside a KH.

Now non-JWs yes I have seen them talk like this. And yes it made me uncomfortable.

Heck my second husband (never a JW) used to gesture like this and I was uncomfortable with it. Can't imagine ever signing it in front of a group of people when I was interpreting

• Confession
    Confession

Oh my god.

Oh. My. God.

OMG.

That was just...oh my god.

Oh...whewww! My...hoooo! God...haaaa!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Someone needs to tell the WTS that you don't need to put 2 fingers inside yourself to masturbate.

Just sayin'

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If you would notice at the 26 second mark, he said "pussy". Read his lips!

• Weana
    Weana

I was not aware that WTS is standing up for gender-specific gestures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit