does the watchtower still believe this?

by lastchance 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Worse still are those who KNOW it's BS, but don't care, as they benefit in some manner from not admitting it to be a lie.

In a nutshell, that pretty much sums up all JWs: either being ignorant, or demanding their right to remain ignorant.

• Splash
    Splash

@Lore,

I've hunted with peregrine's, and it's not just their incredible speed. Like all raptors their eyesight is phenominal.

When they are in the distance and barely visible to your eyes, tbey will be watching you swing a lure the size of a small matchbox.

It is so exciting to hear the high pitched call and see this majestic hunter tear towards you to get its reward.

Beautiful.

Splash

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Saw a falcon demonstration in southwest France. . . Incredible experience

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Is anyone else embarrassed that you believed all this crap as gospel . . . . .

Yes, I'm embarrassed. I just took their word for whatever they taught me. Now I just say, to myself, I never knew or thought about that. I was dumb enought to think that they really were God's spokeman and He did actually

did revel things to them as new light.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has tried to make it figurative rather than literal, lion being peaceful = beastlike people changing. But they let many things as sir82 said just disappear from the memories of jws...like 1975 and the 7,000 year creative day.

*** w08 5/15 p. 28 Pursue “Holiness in God’s Fear” ***“No Lion Will Prove to Be There”

To enjoy the favor of the holy God, Jehovah, may require that some make radical changes in conduct and in speech. Isaiah 35:9 states: “No lion will prove to be there, and the rapacious sort of wild beasts will not come up on it,” that is, “the Way of Holiness.” Figuratively speaking, people who are violent and aggressive in action and speech are compared to wild beasts. They will certainly have no place in God’s new world of righteousness. (Isa. 11:6; 65:25) It is therefore essential that those desiring God’s approval leave such beastly personality traits behind and pursue a course of holiness.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Sept 1, 2012 Public WT has a picture on page 17 that answers your question, lastchance.

They may not come right out and say it, but their artwork portrays this nonsense.

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/wp_E_20120901.pdf

• jam
    jam

"Could not these same fangs and claws be used in tearing

apart heavy vegetation." With claws and fangs for tigers and

lions 5in in length, what the hell were they tearing apart, trees.

I think God over did it for these vegetarians. I can,t believe I

use to wake people up on their day off and tell them, you know

tigers , lions, cheetah (by the way cheetahs wasn,t always that fast,

no need they ate fruit) they were vegetarians. How many people

after talking to us, shook their head and said those people(JW)

they are nuts.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

And I thought that picture was from literature of the fifties!

Seriously, does anyone on Earth wear such clothes today?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Perhaps they would do well to ponder why it is that carnivores and herbivores have such a very different digestive systems, and how carnivores would actually absorb plant based nutrients properly, given their much shorter digestive systems. Also if there isn’t carnivores anymore, seems like the mice and shrimp may get out of control pretty quickly! It is embarrassing that I used to accept this crap.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

I never bought into the whole vegan animal line of thinking, either pre-flood or even in Paradise, and would often get into arguments with others over it. The clincher was always sealife: there obviously isn't enough seaweed and kelp for all the ocean life so they HAVE to eat each other. At that point, they'd either concede or go into ever more ridiculous thinking ("well, fish don't count" "Why not?" "Because people can't see them kill each other so it wouldn't disrupt Mankind's peace.")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit