does the watchtower still believe this?

by lastchance 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

James, apparently you are unaware of how cheetahs hold races as part of their Cheetah Games, and the winner is awarded a nice basket of fruits and vegetables, and the losers go hungry.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James, apparently you are unaware of how cheetahs hold races as part of their Cheetah Games, and the winner is awarded a nice basket of fruits and vegetables, and the losers go hungry.

Oh, so that was what it was. I thought perhaps their pre-flood diet was tumbleweeds and that the wind blew much harder in pre-flood days.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

"...who can say from personal observation how these animals acted six thousand years ago?"

Ummmmm....archeologists, I'm guessing??

Archeologist #1: "Hey look! This [insert animal name] jawbone has really sharp teeth!"

Archeologist #2: "Wow! And this one has really flat teeth....and teeth marks all over its skeleton from whatever ate it! Wait a minute...."

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

j_w, I just about spit out my coffee reading BOTH of your posts!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Is anyone else embarrassed that you believed all this crap as gospel . . . . .

Doc

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I love seeing old WT quotes like this. I always imagine Freddie Franz saying it, or if older than that Booze Rutherford. I find picturing the words being spoken by the cult leaders who wrote adds to the insanity of both the writer and the words he penned.

also funny how animals that eat plants tend to have flat topped teeth that allow them to clamp down on the plant and tear off mouthfulls of vegetation. Hard to eat leaves without a long neck and head with flat teeth on an extendable jaw perfected for the herbovore.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

WOJ, this quote was from 1969!

• Lore
    Lore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon

It's important to be able to dive at 200mph from hundreds of feet in the air when you live on a purely vegetarian diet. You have to be able to grab the cherry as it falls from the tree before it hits the ground and the 100,000,000,000 rabbits (who no longer have any natural predators) that cover the entire surface of the ground beat you too it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_venom

It's important to paralyse the potato first so it doesn't run away while your dislocating your jaw to swallow it whole.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yeah, well God gave all animal species the ability to change slightly over time (NOTE: that is NOT EVOLUTION!) in order to adapt to changing conditions after the Flood, stuff like mutation of their genes, where the better-adapted ones tend to prevail and pass on their genes.

But THAT IS NOT EVOLUTION!! ;)

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Is anyone else embarrassed that you believed all this crap as gospel . . . . ."

Yes. Horribly. I now understand that faith far outweighs reason and logic. But to varying degrees. Some witnesses realize how ridiculous this sounds......but they trust that "Jehovah will reveal everything in his due time". Others truly believe that the reasoning used above is perfectly logical. These are the ones that frustrate me the most.....as they possess not even a shred of ability to think for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit