does the watchtower still believe this?

by lastchance 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

This thread is shaking any beliefs I had left to their core, because all the points made make so much sense.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

TT2C,

Just curious, and you don't have to answer (as you know), but were you forced to find TTATT (eg DFed), or did you figure out TTATT while still in?

My gut instinct says that many who are able to see TTATT may have been forced to (i.e. make lemonade out of lemons), vs figuring it out without being pressured to do so.... It's an interesting question, and one that I'm wondering if anyone has ever conducted a survey to study the issue.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Oh right, how could I forget that there were mean animals like serpents 6,000 years ago!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

KS - start a new thread and i'll answer that.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Steve2 said:

Yikes! Brothers and sisters we do need the new system to rid the earth not just of wicked mankind, but a wide range of animals and creatures who have been corrupted by Satan to become mean, eating machines.

Shame on you, Brother Steve2! You've forgotten your Bible! Have you been missing meeting, per chance?

Remember that the serpent/snake was created by YHWH as "the craftiest beast of the field", which explains why the serpent was able to outwit the Vitamin W-deficient Adam and Eve (the 'W' stands for 'wisdom').

When YHWH cursed the serpent for tricking them, God sentenced snakey to crawl of the ground and eat dirt (which they don't do, BTW: they eat rodents), and for humans to be afraid of them, due to their venomous bite (and people who keep snakes as pets are violating God's Divine Will, by not showing emnity for them). God's curse didn't mention granting them venomous poison, just that there would be emnity between snake and man.

So those venomous snakes were made that way intentionally due to God's Divine Will, due the original creation!

So it is ALL on God's shoulders, since:

1) YHWH made the snake craftier than Adam and Eve

2) YHWH made snakes venomous

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

It would sure be nice to hear from some apologists for god about now.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

TT2C said:

Ohhh, I think you've already heard their spiel: "But look at the WT art, and see the fluffy tiger!"

(and note the cute but kinda boring King Charles Cavalier playing tug-o-war with the kid who apparently lost part of his face, in a prior mishap with a tiger...).

"Come on, Dude! Don't YOU want your kids to feed apples to nice tigers? It's like a stuffed toy, except it's ALIVE!! And you can PET it, without it biting off your hand! And the fur: it feels soooo soft, just like a lamb!!! Think of how good it would feel to touch it, man, TOUCH IT!!"

Kinda sad when you think of how many JWs are wasting their lives, simply because they want to play with a tame wild animal in a park! Maybe all JWs secretly want to be these guys (except, not, uh, you know....)

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Uh-oh: conclusive proof that Michael Jackson may have fallen for the allure of those New Systemâ„¢ pictures in the WT, but decided not to wait on YHWH:

• steve2
    steve2

Hey tootired2care, I'm happy to be an apologist for god:

(Clearing throat and tapping microphone): " On behalf of the Creator of earth, I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for creating all those nasty, violent mean killing machine animals. Perfect though God usually is, in this instance He truly f*ked up."

How's that?

• Splash
    Splash

Gen 9:2-3 " And a fear of YOU and a terror of YOU will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon every flying creature of the heavens, upon everything that goes moving on the ground, and upon all the fishes of the sea. Into YOUR hand they are now given. Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU"

So man was told he can eat animals, and for their own preservation they were now to be afraid of man (Think 'dodo' to see why).

Once paradise is restored, the terror of man will be removed and harmony will be restored between man and animals.

Nothing to say they won't keep eating each other though.

Splash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit