does the watchtower still believe this?

by lastchance 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Gen 9:2-3 "
    And a fear of YOU and a terror of YOU will continue upon every living creature of the earth ....

I have come across a lot of predators at the top end of the food chain and for this scripture to be true .... 'YOU' can't apply to me, as very few of them show any fear, or terror, of me.

Who does 'YOU' apply to?

What does 'every living creature' apply to?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Good point made earlier. My understanding is that felines are obligate carnivores. It has nothing to do with their teeth and everything to do with their digestive systems.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"And I thought that picture was from literature of the fifties!

Seriously, does anyone on Earth wear such clothes today?"

In the minds of the GB members.....that's how people SHOULD dress. Therefore that's what they prefer to show in their magazines. Just another notice to the rank and file that they're not properly measuring up!

"Do I see a few mustaches in the picture. The guy playing the

guitar, or maybe devil cake on his upper lip."

Incorrect. There will be no DEVIL cake in the wonderous new world. It will be far too holy for that.

• Scully
    Scully

Funny, in a way they are endorsing evolution, without even realising it.

• steve2
    steve2

I have an in-born digestive desire to tear apart some juicy flesh with my sharepened and just-brushed teeth - but I will show I am a true child of God, control my base desire, and aim to kill the creature first.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Black Sheep said:

I have come across a lot of predators at the top end of the food chain and for this scripture to be true .... 'YOU' can't apply to me, as very few of them show any fear, or terror, of me.

Who does 'YOU' apply to?

What does 'every living creature' apply to?

Yeah, well that kitty was TERRIFIED just before the picture was taken, and it needed a nap... All the constant terror is very fatiguing on a growing kitty, you see... And if it helps, it's probably have a terrifying nightmare about being chased by a human while it's cat-napping.

Pretty funny point about the blatant hyperbole of the Bible which people swallow, hook, line and sinker.

Another example: women's longing for her husband (Gen 3:17 "yet your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you").

Did YHWH condemn women into viewing their husbands as Fabio? Maybe that's why some guys egos are swollen, and view their marriage license as if they bought a dog license... They actually believe this scripture, but apparently YHWH forgot to tell some women that men were His Gift to them....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Is there anyone on the earth who can say from personal observation how these animals acted six thousand years ago?

Well, one could start with the Battlefield Palette from 3100 BC:

Then one could observe Paleolithic cave paintings of predation, such as the the following depiction from c. 30000 BC of a pride of lions hunting bison:

Then one could look at fossils of animals in the gutt of extinct carnivorous animals, including dinosaurs:

Of course, one does not need to look for direct evidence of dietary behavior; it should be clear that animals like tyrannosaurs, sharks, and smilodons were physically equipped to be predators.

• sir82
    sir82

Clearly, those cave paintings were done by one of Noah's sons. You do know that the disappearance of the water canopy changed the decay rate of carbon 14 so it is useless for dating anything prior to the flood, right?

Oh, and the dinosaur fossil merely shows that Little Dinosaur just happened to die directly underneath Big Dinosaur's stomach, moments before Big Dinosaur died himself. A remarkable coincidence, if you ask me.

Tyrannosaurs used their teeth for opening coconuts, just like pre-flood tigers did. It just so happens that the coconuts were REALLY big back then.

Sharks used their teeth for opening coconuts that fell into the sea and were washed away.

Not sure why all you godless heathens can't see this as clearly as I can.....

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

WT said:

Is there anyone on the earth who can say from personal observation how these animals acted six thousand years ago?

Leo, you missed the stringent criteria demanded by the WT: PERSONAL observation.

What, aren't you 6,020 yrs old? No? Oh, sooo sorry, but that's just not good enough for WT purposes....

Because even if we HAD 6,000 yr old people walking around, we all KNOW that personal testimony is the most RELIABLE form of evidence there is: it's INFALLIBLE, the BEST!! People's noses grow if they lie!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Is anyone else embarrassed that you believed all this crap as gospel . . . . .

Absolutely! I blame my parents for brain washing and indoctrinating me but why did it take me over 60 years to wake up?

Hangs head in shame and embarrassment

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit