Moshe received proof of a spiritual afterlife in 1999

by moshe 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

There was another experience I had back in 2006, when I was really down mentally, and having back pains that no chiropractor or massage therapist was able to help me with, and so I went to see a psychic healer. She was a good one, with a rather large following, and she just happened to make an appearance on Alan Colmes FoxNews show the same week that I met her.

I was raised by an abusive mother (a JW, of course) and my wimpy father did nothing to stand up to her or protect both my sister and I. He finally left for good on the day I was baptized at the ripe old age of 12. That was in 1973.... my father passed away in 2002.

Without saying a word to this psychic healer about my family history, she put her hands on me, felt my energy, and then started giving me messages from my father. He was profusely apologizing for not protecting me from Mommie Dearest, and begging for my forgiveness, and for me to let it go. The interesting this is that I had no idea that I was harboring any anger towards him, as it was in the subconscious mind. She commanded the pain to leave through my crown chakra and to go off into "the universe".... and that's exactly what happened. It was a sharp pain going across my back from the left side of the neckm through my latissimus dorsi and down into my left arm and hand. To this day it never returned.

When I asked her how she gets her information, she said she reads the "Akashic Record". It is apparently the same thing as Einstein's Time-Space Continuum. Energy leaves a permanent record on it, and this would explain all these paranormal experiences quite nicely.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Really think about what Jeffro says above. You could have had a vague memory of a dream that really got filled in within your memory during the early part of your 2-hour drive. Your mind could start with "Was that dream about my dad?" and leads to "Was this about what actually happened?"

Its not that this wasn't real to you. Its just that there are so many of these experiences that "prove" that various conflicting beliefs are correct. I had an experience that proved to me that I would need to become a JW. Of course it was my understanding of what happened that was in need of correction instead of accepting what my mind told me at the time.

Others who want to believe these events insist that skeptics "open their mind." But really, who is keeping it closed?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I don't take any prescription medication- do drugs or use alcohol.

Indeed. But if you are relying on the content of a dream as if it were reliable information, then you may as well be relying on a drug-induced hallucination, because the relevance to reality (and to some extent, the chemistry involved) is essentially the same.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

When I asked her how she gets her information, she said she reads the "Akashic Record". It is apparently the same thing as Einstein's Time-Space Continuum. Energy leaves a permanent record on it, and this would explain all these paranormal experiences quite nicely.

That's doesn't explain anything. Rather, it's an attempt to create a false equivalence between real science and fake sciency sounding things.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    When I asked her how she gets her information, she said she reads the "Akashic Record". It is apparently the same thing as Einstein's Time-Space Continuum.

Except that it's not. The attempt to correlate it with something real is called pseudo-science.

• DT
    DT

This is an interesting discussion. A number of natural explanations have been suggested and I think it only makes to examine those before supernatural explanations are even considered.

I have personally never encountered convincing evidence of supernatural activity, so my inclination (perhaps it's a bias) is to only consider natural explanations. Even if something like this happened to me, I would be inclined to accept that there is a natural explanation that may not be obvious.

If I ever did experience something that I thought could only be explained through the supernatural, I would try to at least consider which supernatural explanation is most likely. In the case of this dream, it hardly seems to be "proof of a spiritual afterlife". I personally think some kind of esp would be much more likely. If you accept that the dream was a result of some sort of supernatural communication or connection with another person, I would consider it to be more likely to be from the person who was living then from those who were already dead. I would consider this to be the more likely explanation for this incident, even if the the existence of an afterlife was proven.

There are other supernatural explanations such as demons (either with good or bad intentions) playing with your mind. These may not seem very likely, but they should at least be considered if you are trying to determine the chances of something being the result of a single supernatural explanation.

The human mind is good at developing compelling stories to explain things. The idea of an afterlife is certainly a very compelling story. However, if a person comes to the conclusion that a different supernatural explanation is more likely, even if it is less compelling or meaningful emotionally, it might not be that big a step to go further and consider more mundane natural causes as the best explanation.

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Immediately, I was awakened by the sound of my telephone ringing- it was the hospital. The nurse said my father had suffered a heart attack, he was unconsious and I needed to come to the emergency room asap- he might not live - I drove the two hours to the hosiptal and sat by his bed for the next 24 hours- he did recover and lived for another three years-

There is a spirit world, I don't know why, but I know it exists.

Of course there is a spirit world, it's called the 'intermediate state' and I just finished writing a 12,000-word detailed paper outlining the biblical proof. The JWs don't have a leg to stand on, either, in this regard. In doing my research I was shocked how weak their argument is, that man does not have a soul (spirit) that survives the body at death. The evidence is overwhelming.

http://www.soul.host-ed.me/index.html

• vanyell
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Jon, I agree with you. I also believe animals have the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit