Moshe received proof of a spiritual afterlife in 1999

by moshe 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

How can material things measure spiritual things ?

What is the physical cause for gravity or, to say, mathematics? How the neurons create language?

And nobody calls them "material." Nobody has doubts that they are non-material. And, yes, they hardly exist without the material presence of the

sign. But nobody messes up the essence of mathematics and language, and it is not material

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

moshe: What would it take for you to change your mind?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

EP:

And this is why it's pseudo science. If it was real science, you would be going about it exactly opposite.

So, if it's NOT psuedo-science, give me a hypothesis, a way to test it and falsify it, and predict the results.

These standards don't apply to the realm of thought, which would be the same as the realm of spirit.

I asked you to explain how the realm of thought or mind correlates and interacts with the material world. If metaphysical science is pseudo-science to you, then tell us how your "real science" explains this. If you can't, then you can only measure material things within a certain range of frequencies, to the exclusion of 99.9999 percent of the reality that exists in the dimensions above this one. I would say then that your science isn't good for much outside a very small box.

• moshe
    moshe

Hmm, maybe an official letter from the Hawaii department of health, certified by Loretta Fuddy, that there is no afterlife. Case closed--

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

How can material things measure spiritual things ?

If there is something to measure, then it can.

What is the physical cause for gravity or, to say, mathematics?

Mass warping spacetime for gravity, the existence of things for math.

And nobody calls them "material."

Both are very material things. Mass for gravity and things to count for math.

Nobody has doubts that they are non-material. And, yes, they hardly exist without the material presence of the sign.

Except that they are material things. And I have no idea what you mean about a sign.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Very cool experience, moshe. Thank you for sharing.

Pretty much everyone has experienced the phenomenon of a dream feeling much longer than the actual time spent sleeping. I can wake up in the morning at 5:00 am, fall back to sleep and have a dream that feels like an entire day, and then wake up at 5:25 am. I believe that "dream time" is something that is connected to "heaven" so your experience doesn't surprise me. The dream world has always mystified us because of what it churns out on a regular basis. The way science describes the dream state is a personal pet peeve of mine. They are basically saying that whatever we see in our dreams is essentially useless. Even though psychologists will often interpret dreams in trauma victims who are having nightmares. The accepted opinion seems to say that dreams are just the subconscious processing what the phsyical senses took in during the day. "Processing" is a cold way of describing dreams which are in reality a very beautiful and mysterious thing.

Dream fortune telling is mostly laughed at today, but was much more common in the ancient world. The Bible has dream interpreting all throughout it, in fact, the "formless" earth mentioned in Genesis one could be described as a dream state which would explain why Adam and Eve could hide from God's view because they were in HIS dream.

This all reminds me of a video I recently watched on YouTube about Joseph Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q_vgg4WjMk

Being overly skeptical, cynical even, on this subject in particular (the Spirit World) just hinders the drive for the truth of it.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

These standards don't apply to the realm of thought, which would be the same as the realm of spirit.

Sorry, we can measure brain waves and thought, not so with the spirit realm.

I asked you to explain how the realm of thought or mind correlates and interacts with the material world.

They are both material things.

If metaphysical science is pseudo-science to you

It's not pseudo science to me, it simply IS pseudo science.

If you can't, then you can only measure material things within a certain range of frequencies, to the exclusion of 99.9999 percent of the reality that exists in the dimensions above this one.

All the things you are describing are real things that physically exists. Done.

I would say then that your science isn't good for much outside a very small box.

You say a lot of things that are not particularly related to reality. This would be an example.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

EP: They are both material things.

Thought is a material thing?

Really?

Whatever works for ya.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

ProdigalSon:

Thought is a material thing?

The process of thinking is most certainly a 'material thing'. Thought is a product of neuro-chemistry. If you don't breathe, don't drink, don't eat, or you ingest drugs that affect neuro-chemistry, these physical factors have a direct demonstrable effect on thinking. If you remove or damage parts of the brain responsible for specific functions (including thought), the functions of those parts do not continue as if nothing happend. The process of thought is complex, but it's not magic.

• cofty
    cofty

Consider a recent experiment where the subject was given a simple - red/blue type - choice to make while being observed in an MRI scanner.

The scientist could tell which decision the subject would make before the subject physically responded, even while he appeared to be still considering his choice.

Thought is an electro-chemical process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit