I Believe Catholicism And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

by minimus 306 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking
    It's residual JW influence...FHN

How dismissive of someones valid opinion...I was a catholic...is it residual JW influence for me too?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Catholic services in the USA are quite plain now. The only beautiful Catholic service I have seen was Andy's grandmother's funeral mass. It was prettier than his sister's weddings. There was incence burned and the black shroud over her casket. The music was gorgeous.

• jam
    jam

Do all understand the words in the song? Sounds nice,

but what are they singing about. Like talking in tongues.

What,s the point.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I like some religious songs...even if they are in a language I don't understand. In fact, sometimes they sound nicer if I can't understand the language....LOL

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "I'm not a fan of Catholics, but it has nothing to do with being a witness. My father is Catholic and he abandoned me as a baby and couldn't have cared less whether I lived or died. So, as far as I'm concerned, being a faithful Catholic did nothing for his morals or integrity"

The Roman Catholic Church would never encourage, nor approve of your father abandoning you. They are very pro family and marriage. The blame for leaving you, sadly lays squarely at your father's feet.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah, the WTS is pro family too....LOL

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

The big difference is that the Catholic Church doesn’t control you or your life, as the WT does.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Still, I am sure the JW's have a lot of influence on your views, but your feelings growing up count, too. I was raised mostly in Mobile and SE Louisiana. I had mostly RC friends. Some of them have not remained Catholics and some have. I can't say that the JW influence on me doesn't affect my views of some churches. I'd have to think about it pretty hard and in depth. I know that the JW influence over me politically makes me nearly cringe over the American flag which in its self is a form of religious icon or idol.

• jam
    jam

Yes , but If I,am there to here the word of GOD, (singing

is form of worship) I want to make damn sure what he

is saying to me. If half the service is in a language I don,t

understand, what,s the point.

Seriously, how many Catholics know Latin.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have strong feelings about fundamentalist churches and the Mormon church. I can say I felt strongly about fundamentalist churches before my JW coma. The Mormon Church, I have to say I believe the JW's have a strong influence on my feelings today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit