I Believe Catholicism And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

by minimus 306 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Still thinking, thanks for your truthful expressions.

• minimus
    minimus

Isidore , Catholicism is odd. Sorry.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I've heard many Catholics strongly criticize their church on this matter, whereas most JWs tend to ignore the issue in their religion.

Most of the Catholics I know that critisize the church because of child abuse are EX Catholics. Current catholics tend to make exuses or go on about how good they are that they dealt with it.

My son went to a catholic school a couple of years ago, purely because my friend said it was a good school..I pulled him out after a few months because of a boy who was sexually abused in the toilets by a senior boy. I told the principle about it...he swept it under the carpet. Nothing much has changed. It just looks that way.

Oh, and by the way, my son thought the whole church thing was weird too....guess you have to be acclimated to accept religion as something other than ODD.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I Believe Catholicism And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

Wouldn't that be a good description toward all religions though ?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Wouldn't that be a good description toward all religions though ?

Yup

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Organized religion is man made ................................................ and you can tell

• mindseye
    mindseye

Most of the Catholics I know that critisize the church because of child abuse are EX Catholics

Might just be the ones that I know, liberal-minded Catholics who identify with the theology and tradition but disagree on many issues. And I'm not defending Catholicism as a whole, I know much is screwed up about it (which is why I never plan on being one). I just see some intellectual flexibility within the tradition that is not found in much more 'fundamentalist' religions.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think it takes intellectual flexibilty to be a Catholic...LOL...so I would have to agree...

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear still thinking...

you stated: "My son went to a catholic school a couple of years ago, purely because my friend said it was a good school..I pulled him out after a few months because of a boy who was sexually abused in the toilets by a senior boy. I told the principle about it...he swept it under the carpet. Nothing much has changed. It just looks that way."...

did you bring your information to the police?

love michelle

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yes...after waiting for the principle to act...the principle did NOTHING about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit