I Believe Catholicism And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

by minimus 306 Replies latest jw friends

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    Rbih, I live in the XXI century and I am on the side of the Church. You are obviously on the side of the Church enemies and that is fine with me. Good luck with them.

this is fundamentally incorrect. i am not WITH the pagans, nor and i on AGAINST the church.

if you were bddhist and said spouted the same disgusting rhetoric against catholics i would have pointed out the many flaws in that very same argument.

what i AM against is someone like orthodox1, who joined only a few days ago only to sneakily try to convert people. there was no honesty in his approach at all.

1. he starts off by asking what authority jws, and any other chrch has to claim that they are the one true religion. perfectly reasonable question and people responded honestly to THAT question

2. he then lauunches into how it's the CATHOLIC church/christianity, according to HIM, that is the only religion that has god's backing. it becomes very obviouus that he wasn't honestly asking a question, he was trying to convert people

3. he then SPITS IN THE FACE OF OVER HALF THE PLANET by painting some global picture of catholics and christians being persecuted by pagans and how it is WONDERFUL that the pagan world has effectively been destroyed by the catholic church.

______

not only is that insulting, but it's false. the entire western hemisphere, from the tip of south america to the top of canada, didn't strike first in an effort to blast the christians away before setting foot on THEIR land. columbus wasn't slaughtered by the natives he first encountered. the natives hernan cortez first encountered THE AZTECS WHO SLAUGHTERED INVADERS AT FIRST SIGHT, thought he was a god and welcomed him into their city THINKING HE WAS THEIR GOD.

what orthodox1 said was disgusting and vile and indefensible and i pointed out the utter flaws in that terrible statement.

and that's when YOU stepped in to not only defend orthodox1, but to doble down on that hateful rhetoric.

in case you or anyone forgot what you said:

Maybe paganism was superior to the Bible. When Christopher Columbus arrived in America the Indians were practicing brutal human sacrifices. Maybe they should have been left alone.
    Pagan morals are also much more fun than the Christian ones, just don’t expect the same level of spiritual development or even trustworthiness from a temple prostitute, than from a Christian. If you extrapolate this to the type of society they produce, you can see clearly which one is superior to the other.

there is NOTHING defensible about that statement. you then contine on by spouting white washed LIES while clearly showing you have no clue what the hell you are talking about, in an effort to defend thatVILE AND TWISTED PERVERSION OF HISTORY.

you have effectively insulted over half the planet, their ancestors, and moreimportantly all those who were tortured, raped, murdered, pillaged and plundered in the name of the father, son and the holy ghost. many of whom had no interest in warring with catholics or any other christians ntil they came over and tried to rob them of their wealth while subjugating them in order to trn a fast buck from sugar, cotton, tobacco, etc.

whole peoples were wiped out in the carribean. gone for all eternity, thanks to the diseases brought from europe by the christians.

that is FACT.

and then you go on to say this:

... If it bothers you the fact that Christianity is superior to paganism...

and you call yourself a christian...

while saying and acting as far from christ who DIDN'T conquer and enslave people, who sat and ate with sinners and those beneath him.

you however, look down your nose in contempt of others.

______

let me be clear on this, i don't care what you believe, i wouldn't care if you believed in fairies, goblins and ghouls. you could believe in darth vader for all i cared. had you been an aztec who said the same thing in reverse, stating that catholics should all burn in hell while claiming to have the one true religion that everyone should follow, etc...i would have turned the guns on quetzlcoatl and the human sacrifices while dismantling the logic of some god dragon/snake/bird.

i find it hilarious that you can point the finger at others and lay wild claims to THEIR past while overlooking the sordid history of your own religion.

and how DARE anyone point those out!!! you live in the 21st century!!!

so do the pagans and since we ARE talking the present, how's about that child abuse scandal? the vatican bank scandals?

lots to atone for.

i give you two scriptures to consider:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness."

and

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers"

DRINK UP

• FlyingHighNow
  • minimus
    minimus

WOW!

Interesting responses!

From a historical point of view, I think the Church was corrupt but aside of that, I am not into mysticism, incense and black robes, but that's me.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I don’t need to atone for what my country or my Church did in the middle ages.

I have just stated my opinion and you stated yours. The difference is that you got personal and rude, so don’t pretend to give me lessons on Christianity or anything else because I wont take them from you. Take care rbih.

• Glander
    Glander

I am 'jumping' in here, that is, I have not read all the preceding posts. Minimus is skilled at creating threads that everyone has an opinion on.

Anyway, here's my observation. (I am an atheist.)

If I were to embrace a religion it would be Cath. Lots of iconic, physical elements. Crosses, rosaries, crucifixion statues, Mary and the saints images, rituals up the kazoo for everything from birth to death. Feasts and observations, total deathbed forgivenance for anything you are ashamed of, meaning Al Capone is in heaven.

In other words, you get a lot of bang for the buck. You can get involved as deeply as you want but you don't have to do anything. Maybe wear a nics blingy crucifix.

JW's - just the opposite. No matter how good a person you are, you will not receive the reward if your meeting attendance and field service numbers are not in order on Judgement Day.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

you, isidore and orthodox1 have done nothing but insult over half the planet. you don't like it? get the hell out the damn kitchen.

using sneaky and underhanded tactics to convince ppl yo have the one true religion...check!

insulting people of every other faith? double check!

insinuating that somehow, YOU'RE culture is better than everyone else's? triple check!

no apology whatsoever for the vile bullshit you and your cronies have put out there? homerun!

orthodox1:

You see things very differently than history does... I see the Catholic Church, over hundreds of years, slowly assuming all of the Roman Pagan world into herself, destroying the Pagan world as it was known, that stood for a thousand years as oppressors. The evil Romans weren't then Evil Roman Catholics, but were converted through the love and prayers of the martyrs and laity of the Church.

absolte bullshit and a ridiclous twist of history, not surprising though, jst look at the jws whenever someone brings up 1914, 1925, the racism in the cult, malawi, etc. excuses and lies, excuses and lies

isidore:

Are you a hedge-my-bet agnostic?
    Agnostics are just cowards that won't commit to anything.

oh that's VERY respectful of agnostics, which by definition, many would say that I am, but i'm supposed to sit here and accept some asshole saying i'm a coward that won't commit to anything? let me be frank, i'd rather commit to nothing than commit to my book of fairytales, i mean...the bible. really now, flying chariots, angels and some guy with magic hair that lets him kill lions with his bare hands? how's that ANY different than the multitude of mystical teachings of every other religion?

you:

Maybe paganism was superior to the Bible. When Christopher Columbus arrived in America the Indians were practicing brutal human sacrifices. Maybe they should have been left alone.
    Pagan morals are also much more fun than the Christian ones, just don’t expect the same level of spiritual development or even trustworthiness from a temple prostitute, than from a Christian. If you extrapolate this to the type of society they produce, you can see clearly which one is superior to the other.

disgusting, nchristlike, vile.

and let's clear something up. christianity is based off the tribal teachings of the israelites who almost certainly ripped everything off of the egyptians, aka those PAGANS YOU LOOK DOWN UPON.

then you somehow claim that YOUR society is better than pagan ones? what the hell do you think the greeks and romans were? they believed in a multitude of gods and that so called christian society didn't spring up out of nowhere, it was built off of the advancements of the greeks and romans. had it not been for them, your society wouldn't be ANY different than the other middle eastern societies

what you said was just plain stupid and offensive and REPULSIVE.

to top it off, you have the nerve to cry foul when someone turns the microscope on yor beliefs after you've insulted theirs.

your hipocrisy is appauling and if you and your kind don't want to take it, my suggestion is to not dish out such insulting rhetoric.

bt of course, your whole method of validation is persecution as orthodox1 and isidore made clear:

orthodox1:

...anxiously awaiting the hate now...

THE VERY NEXT POST FROM ISIDORE:

If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you. [John 15:18] [Latin] [19] If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. [20] Remember my word that I said to you: The servant is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you: if they have kept my word, they will keep yours also.

PATHETIC. apostate, lmao, you use the very same logic that the jws use to validate your faith.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

glander: the music is amazing. i played the violin for years and loved choral music. the concepts and ideas that came from the creativity of the baroque composers is incredible.

while this is not baroque, mozart's requiem always stunned me with the raw emotion it contained

• Glander
    Glander

Yes, the music, art and architechture are all timeless.

Geez, sometimes I regret being an atheist.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

there's quite a few old churches near my apt and i love walking by them. never ceases to amaze me what was accomplished without modern constrction equipment.

someday i'd like to see the vatican and many of the temples in india and around asia.

• still thinking
    still thinking

someday i'd like to see the vatican and many of the temples in india and around asia.

Me too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit