"8 Ways To Give Us Your Cash" - the desperation in the latest Watchtower is tangible!

by cedars 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Why would they need to be the beneficiary of life-insurance policies if "Millions of people living will never die!"

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

cedars >> You're welcome.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

They may be in sore financial straits. However, the article in the 15 November 2012 issue of the Watchtower is not a new appeal for money. It's just their regular annual appeal.

(Edit: I see now that half a dozen people have already pointed that out.)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Notice the couple in the centre image, and then notice them again on page 5...

wealthy dubs

The transformation is astonishing! The couple have morphed from regular publishers at the kingdom hall to uber-wealthy investors, the types who will wear a suit with no shirt!!

Surely he can't be wearing a suit jacket with a T-shirt. Shocking!

*** g89 10/8 p. 12 What’s the Secret of Choosing the Right Clothes? ***
    Be appropriately dressed and groomed when you shop. How can you tell if a suit jacket looks good if you try it on over a T-shirt?
  • bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Jeffro >>

Since 1991 the "Charitable Planning" part has been their regular annual page filler. Their Excel projection chart must be downsloping ever since.

For the simpletons to understand how to save: "... and maximize their tax benefits".

And I bet you, they don't care about the attire you are wearing as long as you donate to the WTBTS.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

bats in the belfry

Since 1991 the "Charitable Planning" part has been their regular annual page filler. Their Excel projection chart must be downsloping ever since.

Actually, since 1984.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Thanks for the link, Jeffro. I guess, my research got sloppy - have to work on it.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

There are two brochures,

• Charitable Planning to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide (2000, revised 2004)
  • Planned Giving to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide (1994)
  • undercover
    undercover

...this brochure is 33 pages long

Funny how WT publications went from big thick books like the Babylon the Great book to slimmer books like the Paradise book to 32 page brochures. Even the magazines have shrunk to 16 pages, released half as often as before... all this downsizing in their attempt to Preach the Good News of God's Kingdom

...yet, in that same time period the bOrg went from proclaiming that Jehovah would provide and that if money started drying up, it was an obvious sign from him to close up shop; to putting out contribution boxes in every nook and cranny at halls and conventions; to putting ATMs at conventions; and to putting more effort in this brochure on how to give your money to them than in how to overcome objections in your ministry as you attempt to Preach the Good News of God's Kingdom

• cedars
    cedars

bats in the belfry - thanks again for sending me the brochure. I mean to digest it at a more leisurely pace when I have the time. I still can't believe this publication has been around for so many years and I never even knew about it. Clearly, as a publisher, I wasn't paying enough attention regarding opportunities to fulfil my privilege of donating. I guess it's just as well!!

Cedars

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit