"8 Ways To Give Us Your Cash" - the desperation in the latest Watchtower is tangible!

by cedars 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

" Theo, what's the Jonadab class?"

The Great Crowd... for Witnesses still stuck in 1930s terminology.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Theo Sed- the article is fine if they did any Charitable Works and if the WTS was not just a non-taxable religious front for a publishing and real estate empire.

They are not a charity. They do nothing for others in any community they live in. They look after their own interests. Period!

• agonus
    agonus

I believe Mr. Sedition is employing an ironic device...

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Theo, what's the Jonadab class?

Just like Jonadab supported Jehu in his quest to promote true worship, the modern day parallel is the other sheep providing assistance to the slave class. We forget at times that the slave has been bestowed with the heavy responsibility of providing for his brothers and to a lesser extent the other sheep. The slave accomplishes this primarily by providing spiritual food at the proper time. At times however, practical assistance is necessary.

Theo Sed- the article is fine if they did any Charitable Works and if the WTS was not just a non-taxable religious front for a publishing and real estate empire.
    They are not a charity. They do nothing for others in any community they live in. They look after their own interests. Period!

You're feelings on this matter are somewhat in the right place, and that's nothing for the slave to be ashamed of. They're not a charity organization as they acknowledge Christ's words that "the poor will always be with us" so long as this system of things is in existance. The same can be said about the sick, but their purpose is not to build hospitals, or shelters, or soup kitches. No, their primary focus is the spiritual support of Christ's annointed brothers still on earth as well as the other sheep. Considering they're the only organization on this planet feeding ones spiritually, it goes without saying the financial assistance is needed, and that's where you and I have the privilege of giving a hand.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

^^^^^^^^^^^

You haven't lost a step, Miz. Time to pop a cold one and see how many respond to this one...

Seriously, WT headquarters should hire you as their Minister of Distraction

• Lurker555
    Lurker555

Mr. Sedition,

Where did all 951,000,000 dollars from the U.S. Branch alone last year go to? Transparancy?

Until 2007 new anointed were disciples of Korah and now they are emotional, crazy, on drugs, etc. etc.

That's not spiritual support. Since the Other Sheep follow that up with mistreating these people, how is the

parable of the sheep and goats going to turn out for them? Or do you believe the parable of the sheep and goats

only apply to the governing body and other anointed at Bethel Homes throughout the world?

Jehovah through Jesus anoints people. These statements made in the WT publications and the resulting

mistreatment of people by those who read said publications thinking they are righteous is a disregard for the

Headship of Christ. The GB (or any human) is not consulted by Jesus to choose suitable people for His Bride.

• steve2
    steve2

I find compelling the idea of conditional donations.

Examples would include:

"You must first sack the entire GB - only then can you have my Honda Civic"

"Please return my donation if you should ever decide to kick me out"

"I know you kicked me out but, if I give you a $500.00 donation upfront, will you let me talk to my JW Mommy for 5 minutes? Yours expectently, Wealthy Apostate".

"You took my wife and kids. Here take my f@kin' house and car as well"

"I'd give you the shirt on my back, but I'd much prefer to make a conditional donation of an up-pointed index finger. Do you have an insertion preference?"

"

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

When disaster strikes WT cashes-in and profits from the misfortune of others. Notice the instructions in 2 separate BOE letters for giving when an earthquake struck Haiti in January 12, 2010 and when devastating tornadoes hit the Southeast and Midwest portions of the U.S. in April of 2011:

‘It is recommended that donations for humanitarian and relief assistance be made to the worldwide work. This fund is used for relief efforts as well as for advancing the spiritual needs of the Christian brotherhood. If, for some reason, a person wishes to make a relief donation separate from contributions to the worldwide work, it will still be accepted and used wherever there is a need for relief assistance. However, it would be appreciated if such donations are made without restrictions as to where and how the funds may be used.’

1). made to the worldwide work. Means it goes into a WT money account other than to the relief effort for which you, the donor, intends it.

2). advancing the spiritual needs. In other words if the WTBTS chooses to buy more real estate or make improvements on their own living conditions with the money you purpose to be used for relief efforts……Tough Shit!

3). without restrictions. Do not tell us how to spend the your donations for relief effort. We (WT) will ignore your wishes!

Conclusion of the matter: Think twice before sending donations for relief efforts to the WTBTS, because there is a high likelihood it will never reach the ones who really need it.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

You're feelings on this matter are... right Why, thanks Theo! See how easily I can change the meaning of your sentence by eliminating key words to suit my position- not unlike the NWT Bible.

If you want to continue to believe what lies the WTS tell and teach you, that's up to you. I don't care what other people choose to believe. But I don't like to be lied to or mislead.

So,why are you here, Theo? You will never be able to defend the actions of an organization that has harmed and destroyed so many lives. If you are a baptized JW (and I don't thinkyou are) then viewing this "apostate" site would be wrong according to your own beliefs. What does that say about you?

Got Doubts? Or are you just bored and this amuses you? In any event-

their purpose is not to build hospitals, or shelters, or soup kitches. Really? Did Jesus ever turn a blind eye to those who were hungry or sick?

their primary focus is the spiritual support - but they are not asking for spiritual support . They are asking for money, stocks, bonds, jewelry and other posessions. They need more money for what? To maintain a priveleged lifestyle. Those GB members are living and planning for their future -not mine or yours.

they're the only organization on this planet feeding ones spiritually, No they are not .

But, what they do feed to all those thirsting is............POISON. They betray Jesus words:

"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.Whoever believed in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him"-John 7:37,38

Sorry, Theo, I don't see anywhere in the Bible where the GoverningBody is mentioned as provideding life's water.

All the lies the WTS provides is akin to a thirsty man who is given a glass of POISON with only a sprinkling of water to quench his thirst ,while telling him he is drinking life's water free. He drinks the poison. His thirst is quenched. Then he dies. Sums it all up.

Well Theo, Millions who will never die are already dead. The WTS lies and false prophecies have and continues to cost people their lives, families, friendships, marriages, their children., their livelihoods, their health, their homes, their money and their hopes and dreams, etc. all to keep a publishing company in business for 130 years. And now that their book- selling days have been numbered for some time, they have devised other means to shake-down the R&F ( see the ex. of the Menlo Park Congregation)

Oh, don't forget to tell the elders you have been very naughty by not only reading , but by participating in an "apostate" discussion site. TSK! TSK! Theo.

• Hillary
    Hillary

Is it safe to say that my JW parents will be leaving the majority of their money to the WTS and not to my sibling and I, even though we were never baptized but we did grow up in the religion? Have a good relationship now. One parent is very hard core. The other parent kind of just defers to the hard core parent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit