"8 Ways To Give Us Your Cash" - the desperation in the latest Watchtower is tangible!

by cedars 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

sir82

Yes, the "charitable planning" brochure, it's been out for at least a decade, maybe more.

I stand corrected! I never saw that brochure, which is why this latest one has taken me by surprise.

Cedars

• Gayle
    Gayle

I always appreciate your comments Cedars! Thank you always.

The WTS doesn't want to ever come out with the 'full facts.' Sneaky. They do admit their "Deficiency" in a round about way,,in this article. They don't pass a plate, but they have "boxes' (that they of course cannot 'pass' however,would if they could but that would be too obvious) they clearly note to their members where they are placed, with the same intimidation.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The preceding article, "Their Surplus Offset a Deficiency" really doesn't apply to the following article about contributions to a multi-national printing corporation. It states...

"They were to keep impoverished Christians in mind as they preached to the nations."

Does anyone really believe that contributions for the worldwide work go to help impoverished Christians? If anything, the money from the Brooklyn real estate fire sale (surplus) should be distributed to a college fund for impoverished ex-bethelites (deficiency).

• blondie
    blondie

They print it just in time so they can count it in their taxes for 2012. There is also a brochure telling them how to pay less taxes going through a non-profit organization.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

a brochure entitled Charitable Planning to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide has been prepared in English and Spanish.

Does anyone have a PDF scan of that brouchure they're able/willing to upload? I'd be interested in obtaining a copy electronically it to show to non-JW family members (who'd reasonably question that the tenor of the JW pan-handling campaign has come to this).

• Scully
    Scully

The Conditional Donation Arrangementâ„¢ is a complete farce. If anyone dares to ask for their money to be returned, they will be answered with guilt-laden replies to the effect that "you haven't needed the money in all this time, why would you need it now?" In essence, trying to bully a poor cash-strapped JW into just letting the WTS keep their money.

• flipper
    flipper

Even though they print these articles each year- it's still criminal how they try to weasel money out of Witnesses. Then older JWor non-JW adult children are pissed off ( and rightfully so ) when there's nothing left for them in middle age because older JW parents have left them nothing. WT society does a very thorough job of separating families even when it comes to finances. Sick

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Then older JWor non-JW adult children are pissed off ( and rightfully so ) when there's nothing left for them in middle age because older JW parents have left them nothing. WT society does a very thorough job of separating families even when it comes to finances.

In light of the push to baptize JW children ever younger and younger, it makes you wonder if it's not a calculated long-range financial planning strategy on the part of the WTBTS to encourage DFing, where disinheriting reasonably follows. That obviously rewards the JW children, and if none, the WTBTS stands to be the benefactor...

Dastardly, because that's exactly how that dynamic will play out....

• james_woods
    james_woods

K. Solomon makes a very valid point - the Watchtower Society would much rather have you give your money to them than to your children.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

This was one of the things that got me out the door. I found it disgusting that they were asking for jewelry, cash, insurance policies...etc. What ever happened to the scripture that talks about parents laying up money for their children. Hypocritical, money-grubbing cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit