"8 Ways To Give Us Your Cash" - the desperation in the latest Watchtower is tangible!

by cedars 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I guess Jesus’ words at Mat 8:20 mean nothing to WTBTS: ‘The Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.’

Jesus didn’t appear to rely much on money and material things when on earth and still he and his early disciples got a great deal accomplished.

Yet, today everything WT does hinges on: 1) Checks; 2) Cash; 3) Jewelry; 4) Debit and Credits Cards; 5) Real Estate; 6) Personal Property; 7) Wills and Trusts; 8) Stocks and Bonds; 9) Life Insurance Policies; 10) Gift Annuities; 11) Bank Accounts; 12) Etc, Etc, Etc!

For good reason Jesus puts the question to us: ‘Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave ……?’ (Mat 24:45)

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

They will never get another dime out of me.

Coffee

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Apparently they're not real big on Jesus' repeated advice to give away all your wealth to the poor (and WTBTS hardly can be labelled as 'poor').

Nevertheless, some do leave everything to WTBTS in their wills: why go that far, and then risk pissing off Jehovah by not supporting the preaching work, or failing to give YHWH a "reason to remember you" in the resurrection?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

If they truly were God's channel today, you would think that WT would rely more on Holy Spirit than anything monetary, material or otherwise!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

The end is soon, but dont forget to will us everything anyway!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

If they hang tight, rich daddy in the sky will give them ALL real estate, buildings, wealth, etc after Armageddon. Seems to me their incessant begging shows a lack of faith in YHWH?

Hmmm, don't remember the FND Slave parable mentioning anything about the head slave asking to be named beneficiaries of the other slaves life insurance policies, or offering the other slaves an opportunity to name him in their wills, etc. Do you think the master would be happy Bout THAT little scam?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

they can go fukk themselves so hard and choke on a giant kok. that is so immoral, guilting weak-minded ppl into giving away their familys aquisitions. i am SO mad. i knew that they are working on my mom, i just didnt know to what extent. ARGGGG.

• undercover
    undercover

...you wonder if it's not a calculated long-range financial planning strategy on the part of the WTBTS to encourage DFing, where disinheriting reasonably follows. That obviously rewards the JW children, and if none, the WTBTS stands to be the benefactor...

Dastardly, because that's exactly how that dynamic will play out....

That's actually starting to be a concern for some. Even for faders. As they become inactive, some JW parents in effect, if not in words, disown their inactive children. Some JW parents are heavier Kool-Aid drinkers than others and for those that are, some grown, inactive-JW offspring are going to see their inheritance go to the WTS. I used to not worry too much about it personally, but I'm seeing circumstantial evidence that I myself might be cut out, when that time comes. Part of me doesn't care... I don't need the headaches of getting rid of stuff and paying estate taxes. But then part of me gets angry...how dare the organization try to coerce people to give their property/jewelry/money to them instead of family.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The flipside is, some "worldly" parents of JWs might be shocked to learn that whatever money they leave to their JW offspring will possibly end up in WTS coffers, or even if not, likely be used as a means of coercing their grandchildren and great-grandchildren into being a JW or else be cut out of the family wealth....

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Fakesmile, clean up the potty mouth please. This is a family-friendly site....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit